Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: STEERING COLUMN  (Read 19692 times)

oldone

• View Profile
Re: STEERING COLUMN
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 07:40:47 pm »
charlie i got under the dash today and the banjo wasn't hooked to the clutch pedal. i hooked it up but the pedal wouldn't move at all. so what's that mean? is the slave cylinder froze up? i guess theres no rush to fix it now it will be awhile before i get some money to put in this car. i took the steering wheel off and the insie parts and the turn signal stalk are all loose. i also got the trunk lock to work , the rod just needed a little adjusting. found 2 or 3 vaccum lines loose including the egr. i don't suppose any of those things could cause that knocking sound? never did find the crank. i'll tell you that previous owner had little tiny toggle switchs all over this car. this car has no couresty lights under the dash and no trunk light. 
the world is a sh t sandwich and everyday is another little bite

RobsFieros

• View Profile
    • East Tennessee Fiero Club
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 08:12:05 pm »
No courtesy lights and no trunk light....blown fuse
Robert Finley
President-East Tennessee Fiero Club
Member- Georgia Fiero Club
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2008, 08:55:14 pm »

Nope.  BARE BONES Formula.  No sunroof, defroster, trunk release, courtesy lights, power mirrors or windows.  It only had a body, motor, transmission and wheels. 

With the aid of a helper, have someone step on the pedal while you open the bleeder screw on the slave.  If the pedal drops down, then it's either in the slave or the pressure plate.  Also, when you connected the banjo rod, did you turn the curl upwards?  That's the way it should be oriented.

Bill told me he bought the car from an older gentleman, but it looks like it was owned by a kid, with all the wires and buttons and pedals and such.  I don't believe any of the vacuum lines could cause the knocking.  I think I'd trust the opinion of the garage on that one that it's a rod.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2008, 06:13:44 am »
Lying in bed this morning and had a thought.  The engine knock and the non-working clutch pedal could be related.  It may be that the pressure plate's coming apart or if someone worked on it, they may have put it together incorrectly.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

oldone

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2008, 08:11:26 am »
   rob theres no fixtures or bulbs where the lights should be,maybe i'll get some someday , by the way rob i'd like ride up someday and check out your shop if it would be ok with you. whats the address fo your shop, i'll use the gps to get there. don't know when is a good time for you but for me it would probably have to be a weekend. that a pretty long drive but i would like to see your set-up.    oldone(dewey)in c'ville
the world is a sh t sandwich and everyday is another little bite

RobsFieros

• View Profile
    • East Tennessee Fiero Club
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2008, 06:15:01 pm »
I don't know the address, but if you can get to Athens, Tenn., I can direct you to the shop. Just let me know which way your coming.
Robert Finley
President-East Tennessee Fiero Club
Member- Georgia Fiero Club
RobsFieros58@comcast.net