Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Fiero With Aero Package at Pull A Part Buford Highway  (Read 14952 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Fiero With Aero Package at Pull A Part Buford Highway
« on: August 31, 2012, 03:23:10 pm »
There is a blue Fiero that they have listed as an 85.  I don't believe it is since it has the aero package on it and dark gray interior as opposed to the light gray of the 85.  It also has cloth door pockets where the 85 had vinyl.  The dash is also dark gray. 
I'm not sure what year it is because it has silver ground effects and it had the Fiero and Fisher Body tabs in the bottom of the door sill like the 84 and 85 had.  The quarter windows are blank without SE or GT lettering.

It's really an oddity, since it has all the aero package on it with the appearance of an 85GT, other than the aftermarket metallic blue paint job.  When I looked inside the engine compartment through the battery vent cover, it was a 4 cylinder and it has the quad megaphone exhausts of a V6. 

It's a manual car, though I didn't look to see if it was a 4 or 5 speed.  It has power door locks and windows, rear defrost and trunk release.  The battery vent cover is off and the deck is closed, so anyone wanting to get into the engine compartment would need to take a battery pack with them. 

It has a good spoiler with stands, the quarter windows are in very good condition with no cracks of discoloration on the panels.  The frame on them is faded and could use some paint to look like new.  The front fascia is gone and they set the car on rims, supported by the rear fascia so it's wrinkled, but possibly not damaged beyond use.  The right rocker panel is shattered from being carried by the fork lift but all other aero trim is good.  Sunroof, wind deflector and even a brand new space saver spare are still there. 

Whomever did the conversion on this one did a really good job.  Everything except the silver aero trim says it's an 86 or 87. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers