Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Whatta day my Mera 'n'Me had!  (Read 15223 times)

Fiero GTB

• I don't drive much, but when I do I drive my Fiero
    • View Profile
Whatta day my Mera 'n'Me had!
« on: October 07, 2012, 11:33:02 pm »
As usual, I attended the 1st Sunday of every month "Caffeine & Octane" (C&O) gathering off 400 and Windward Pkwy in Milton.  ALWAYS a super turnout, and today's cool, clear weather brought 'em out of the proverbial woodwork, including FOUR other Fieros!

(For anyone who hasn't been out to a C&O gathering; just picture walking through the Pearly Gates and St. Peter saying, "Welcome, your first stop will be in Heaven's Garage... "  Typically, between 500 and 1,300 vehicles of all types show up!)

At this month's C&O, Paul K and his son brought out their '87 and '88 GTs, and Bill & Diane their red '88(?) GT.

As I was leaving, I pulled up along side a white '88 GT, whose young owner, David, had just purchased it less than two weeks ago.  I gave him at GFC card, told him to sign up on the Forum right away, and join in the fun!

Also at C&O today were a new Ferrari fastback "station wagon," two Opel GTs (I bought a new one in '70) and what looked to be a reverse-engineered Checker Cab, built in Russia! It looked brand-new, and I have a lot of Googling to do to find out the history on this baby! Someone in the crowd of gawkers around it said the Russian model name on it translated to "Reindeer."

Oh, yeah, and about 700 other vehicles showed up, too: from Lambos to (real and replica) Cobras, to muscle cars, military vehicles, rat rods, Alphas, Triumphs, Lancias, Porsches vintage and new, Nobles, Atoms, MGs, Rolls Royces, Fiskars, trucks, bikes, Vettes (including one with a Ferrari Daytona body), VW buses and flatbed trucks, Bimmers, Maseratis, Hondas, Scions, NSXs, Ford Falcons, Pennsylvania State Patrol cars, on-and-on-and-on.

Paul caught up with me at near the end of the C&O.  He had been invited to an invitation only car show at the White Columns Country Club in Milton, so Bill & Diane and I tagged along.  The staff parked us all right in front of the main entrance, in the first four spots -- a real place of honor!  What a great event in turned out to be!

The Good News is: I have a ton of photos of the Fiero contingent from both events.

The Bad News is: My computer is still on its final breath, and I can't upload anything.

The Good News is: My new 32G/2TB Dell has arrived!

The Bad News is: I still need to get one of my nerds from the office to come over and wire up everything.

The Good News is: That should be by next weekend, and I will be able to FINALLY share my photos from RFTH/TOTD, C&O and various other acronyms!

Acronymially Yours,

FGTB

Every time my GPS says, "Your ETA is...,"
   I hear, "Your Time to Beat is..."

4sevens

Re: Whatta day my Mera 'n'Me had!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 01:46:51 am »
I'm the 88GT "young guy" haha.  I just turned 40 so I guess young is relative.
I arrived late around 11am and was surprised so many were still there!  Nice to meet you FGTB!

Fiero GTB

• I don't drive much, but when I do I drive my Fiero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 07:25:59 am »
4Sevens:

Yeah, the GFC has both younger and older members than you, which gives us a good blend of new ideas and experience. Welcome!

Best,
FGTB
Every time my GPS says, "Your ETA is...,"
   I hear, "Your Time to Beat is..."

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 12:28:18 pm »
Come over to Thornton Chevrolet tomorrow and meet the crowd. 

Forgot to say that now that you've met Fiero GTB it only gets better from there. :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 02:54:32 pm by Fierofool »
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers