Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: WTB '87 Notchback Front Bumper  (Read 15698 times)

ggfoster

• View Profile
WTB '87 Notchback Front Bumper
« on: March 29, 2013, 07:30:07 pm »
Hi guys I'm looking for a front bumper for my '87 notchie. I wanted to check here before Pennock's because I figured shipping it would be a pain. If anyone has one or knows where I can get one please let me know. Thanks!  :)

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WTB '87 Notchback Front Bumper
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 10:05:01 pm »
SE or base coupe? (They're different).
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 12:10:02 am »
It's a base coupe.  Garrison, there's a base 88 in Charlotte.  It has the same front bumper.  There are several members who live up that way.  I read that CowsPatoot is coming down in his truck.  WhiteAndNerdy27 lives very close to Charlotte and they usually ride together.  You might try contacting them to see if you can work a deal.  I can check with some folks up there who've gotten parts off the car to see if the nose is in good condition. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

ggfoster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 06:44:46 pm »
Thank you much! Who actually owns the Fiero?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 07:25:30 pm »
It's in the Pull-A-Part yard in Charlotte, NC.  One man up there reported back that the front fascia is in good condition with no cracks or breaks.  It's red in color. 

In addition to CowsPatoot coming down on the 13th, another man is coming down on the 19th, so if one can't grab it for you, the other might.  I know the one coming down on the 19th is planning to make a return trip to the yard to get some more from the car. 

Charlotte's pricing for the bumper cover is $32.25.  Of course you'd need to make it worthwhile for his labor.  When I get back tonight I'll check to see if he's replied and willing to get the part for you, if you're interested. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

CowsPatoot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 11:18:07 pm »
I will be down that way sometime this week...I will stop in and grab the bumper.  Do you need just the bumper cover, or do you need the honeycomb with it?  Any extra pieces you are looking for?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 11:38:49 pm »
Kento87 said he's bringing the family and with a bumper, the kids would need to go in the trunk, or something like that.  Come to think of it, he said the family was coming and the bumper wouldn't fit in the trunk. 

CowsPatoot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 10:38:15 pm »
Needs paint...but no tears, no cracks.

Everything underneath looks good....the metal braces will probably need a wire brush and some paint.

It does show a little bit of sagging...

ggfoster

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 09:55:40 pm »
Hi sorry I haven't been back on here in a few days. As of today I actually won't need one. I was able to get a hold of one earlier. Thank you though and sorry if I caused any inconvenience for anyone