Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Indy's flowmaster exhaust and my 3.4l firebird with a flowmaster  (Read 15425 times)

redraif

• View Profile
    • Indy SE #770 "Stormtrooper Edition"
So once I got to the meeting, I had a bit of a discussion about the exhaust on the indy... I realized that I had never really said what I had.  Well believe it or not... it has no cat and the flowmaster off my 2.8 Firebird.  One in with dual outs.  I managed to cram that baby back there and piece together pieces of the birds cast off system.  It was better then the open system I had.  The indy's stock system was full of water from sitting for years and could not be used. 

The bird had out grown the 2.8's flowmaster when it was upgraded to a 3.4.  It had a trueleo intake with a full port job on the remaining intake and heads.  It has a race cam and all the bolt on goodies we could throw at it.  It had a set of prototype headers and a custom 2.5 inch y-pipe to 3 in mandrel bent system flowing to a an american thunder exhaust for a 5.7 liter.  It got massive gains with the increase from a 2.25 inch pipe to 3 inch.  Here is a video of the car on the dyno to give you an idea what a flowmaster sounds like matched with a 3.4l.  The car was untuned but still managed to put down 258 foot lbs of tq to the wheels.  The hp not so great... 143... dyno guys said it was lost to the lack of tune. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWY08Ai4ETk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
1984 Modified Indy Fiero SE #770 "StormTrooper Edition"

Drag DR-34s
Frt: 225/45, 18x8, 39 offset , 84 WS6 springs -1.5 coils
Rear: 265/35, 18x8.5, 45 offset,  Coil-overs:  10 inch 300lb springs & 7 inch sleeve

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Indy's flowmaster exhaust and my 3.4l firebird with a flowmaster
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 06:44:25 pm »
Sounded good and an impressive list of mods and upgrades.  You know, with the shortage of good Fiero mechanics around here, you might want to consider opening up a Fiero garage. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

redraif

• View Profile
    • Indy SE #770 "Stormtrooper Edition"
Re: Indy's flowmaster exhaust and my 3.4l firebird with a flowmaster
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 11:58:52 pm »
thank you!  Lol... I assisted on the bird... I was not the whole shebang!  If my x-best friend and I were still talking... it might not have been a bad idea. 

What he taught me with the bird allowed me to get the indy going... he was thee in the begining with the indy, but before long it became my soloproject
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 12:02:02 am by redraif »
1984 Modified Indy Fiero SE #770 "StormTrooper Edition"

Drag DR-34s
Frt: 225/45, 18x8, 39 offset , 84 WS6 springs -1.5 coils
Rear: 265/35, 18x8.5, 45 offset,  Coil-overs:  10 inch 300lb springs & 7 inch sleeve