Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Review -- Rodney Dickman's clutch master cylinder  (Read 15398 times)

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Review -- Rodney Dickman's clutch master cylinder
« on: April 08, 2013, 10:35:13 am »
I had to replace my clutch master cylinder this weekend, because my old one was leaking into the car. I had purchased one of Rodney's a few days before, and it arrived in plenty of time for me to do the job Saturday.
Rodney's master cylinder is made of cast aluminum, not iron like the kind you get from the parts store. The fluid container is also attached in a better way than the parts store kind. On many of the parts store kind, if the cap gets stuck, you have to be careful not to twist off the container when you try to remove the cap. Not so with Rodney's.
Rodney's comes with a bench bleed kit, which makes preparing the cylinder for installation very easy. I had mine on the car in no time at all. It also comes with his adjustable banjo, which I adjusted so that the clutch pedal was about 1/4" above the brake pedal, as I have heard that it is supposed to be that way.
As for how it works -- very nice. I used to have to press the pedal all the way to the floor to change gears. Now the clutch disengages with the pedal about 1/2 the way down.
If your clutch is giving you problems, and you see your master leaking, I recommend you get one of Rodney's. You won't be disappointed.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

redraif

• View Profile
    • Indy SE #770 "Stormtrooper Edition"
Re: Review -- Rodney Dickman's clutch master cylinder
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 12:04:58 am »
Good to know... thank you!  Rodney definately sells top notch parts!
1984 Modified Indy Fiero SE #770 "StormTrooper Edition"

Drag DR-34s
Frt: 225/45, 18x8, 39 offset , 84 WS6 springs -1.5 coils
Rear: 265/35, 18x8.5, 45 offset,  Coil-overs:  10 inch 300lb springs & 7 inch sleeve