Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: WTB or trade GT drip rails for GT front and or rear bumper covers(which are FS)  (Read 17319 times)

carnut122

• View Profile
I need a set of decent(paint condition/color doesn't matter) drip rails.  I have a front and rear bumper from my 88GT that I'll trade for them.  Otherwise, I'll sell the bumpers covers to whomever needs them.  The rear one is in decent condition the front one will need some small holes patched-make me an offer.  They're black.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Tom, I have a set on my 87GT that I'll trade you for the rear fascia if the fascia paint isn't cracked.  My drip rails has one spot about an inch long where the paint has chipped off.  I need the rear fascia for Ray's car where I backed into it with my truck.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

carnut122

• View Profile
Charlie,
  The paint is cracked. on one corner.  It'll need to be repainted.  I can probably do that if I have extra paint(it'll be close though).  Do you need it in black?

carnut122

• View Profile
Would you like to sell the drip rails if the bumper doesn't work out?

oldone

• View Profile
tom i just saw some drip rails on paul vargus's site. try home.xnet.com/~paulv/Fieropts.hmt. he's asking $70.00 dollars. good luck
the world is a sh t sandwich and everyday is another little bite

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Yes, I need it in black, but the 86 also has silver trim.  If you can paint it we can work something out.  I'd be glad to give them to you and pay you extra for painting the bumper.  I would sell them outright for $60 if you don't buy Paul Vargyas'

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

carnut122

• View Profile
That was $70 per rail.  His total quote was $38.00 less than what I paid for my 86 Fiero SE V-6.  I hammered mine back out, so if Charlie doesn't work out, I'll just stick them back on until I come across something reasonable.  Thanks anyway!

carnut122

• View Profile
Which part of it is silver?  Along the bottom?  I don't have any silver paint.  Do you want it all in black?  I'll take the drip rails either way.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Yes, the bottom below the break line is silver.  I can get the paint.  Ray's silver is brighter than the stock silver, so I'd have to try to find something to match it.  

Do you have the little metal pieces that goes into the back end of the drip rails?  If you'd like to see these before I remove them, you're welcome to come by.  I'll give you a call sometime Thursday and we'll talk.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 10:50:23 pm by Fierofool »

carnut122

• View Profile
Charlie,
  I'll be outside all day painting the Fiero.  I'm not sure that I can paint the bumper to the level that you might want.  It'll be at least a few more days before I'll know if I'll even have enough paint for it.  So, hang onto the rails(I did have the clips, but both end were bent, so I just went ahead and broke them off.  I'll have to see if they turn up.  I'll be priming all day tomorrow and then if it works out painting on Friday or Saturday.  So calling me on Sunday might work out best.  I do want them if they're in good shape besides the paint.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
OK.  I'll check with you on Sunday.

carnut122

• View Profile
That'll work.  The weather is not cooperating this morning.  Maybe I'll get color on the Fiero this afternoon??????

carnut122

• View Profile
I still have both bumpers, the rear quarter panels and the passenger side front fender.  Anybody want to make me an offer?