Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Recommened Paint/Body shops around Georgia?  (Read 367 times)

SpadeCustoms

• View Profile
    • Spade Customs
Recommened Paint/Body shops around Georgia?
« on: October 18, 2022, 03:27:26 pm »
I am probably going to leave it to the experts this time on some paint and body work for my Fiero. What are some recommendations you guys have?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Recommened Paint/Body shops around Georgia?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 09:49:44 pm »
John Champagne out in Powder Springs painted mine.  Then a bit further away from you is Paul Angel (ImThaDriver) up Commerce way. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

SpadeCustoms

• View Profile
    • Spade Customs
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 02:42:47 pm »
I reached out to Paul for some fiberglass work, he is still trying to recover from shingles. He is not taking on any projects currently.

I will ask John at some point as well.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2022, 04:49:26 pm »
He has had a horrible time with shingles.  They usually dont last this long. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2022, 07:32:30 pm »

John had surgery on his foot, today, and has two more surgeries scheduled within the next 30 days. (Other foot and shoulder. He's trying to maximize the utilization of his medical leave. Doesn't want to pizz off the powers that be, at work.)

With that said, his partner, Peter, does a lot of paint work for John, too. He's quite good. (He has a huge following among the GT-R community, for several years, now.)

I'm probably going to talk with him tonight. If not now, then within the next day or so. I'll tell him that you were inquiring.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2022, 12:23:38 pm »
Has Paul even been to a doctor about the shingles? When i got them, the doctor prescribed some pills called zovirax, and  they cleared up in a few days.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

SpadeCustoms

• View Profile
    • Spade Customs
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2022, 12:29:11 pm »

John had surgery on his foot, today, and has two more surgeries scheduled within the next 30 days. (Other foot and shoulder. He's trying to maximize the utilization of his medical leave. Doesn't want to pizz off the powers that be, at work.)

With that said, his partner, Peter, does a lot of paint work for John, too. He's quite good. (He has a huge following among the GT-R community, for several years, now.)

I'm probably going to talk with him tonight. If not now, then within the next day or so. I'll tell him that you were inquiring.

I would appreciate that, thank you.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2022, 01:35:08 pm »
Has Paul even been to a doctor about the shingles? When i got them, the doctor prescribed some pills called zovirax, and  they cleared up in a few days.

He may not have insurance.  Not sure he's old enough for Medicare or Medicaid.  I had a spot about the size of a half dollar and Zovirax Cream was what I was prescribed.  It still lasted for about a month.  It was visible for that long, but the pain was slower to go away. 

Regarding the painting, Peter was involved with my paint job.  I think he might have done the whole paint job, including prep, but I know John had a hand in the process, too. 

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2022, 04:50:32 pm »

I talked with John, today. He's pretty sore. Has even cancelled the shoulder procedure. Said that it would be too much, on top of the procedure on his other foot.

I mentioned that you were "shopping". He said that he's going to be out of pocket for four months. He's not even going back to his regular job at Grady (fixing crashed ambulances), until then. Nevermind taking on any "side" work. With John being out of commission, Peter is likely going to have all that he can handle.
If you're like me, I suspect that when you're ready, you're ready. But if you want to wait on him, let me know.

SpadeCustoms

• View Profile
    • Spade Customs
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2022, 08:20:42 am »
I appreciate you asking Steve.