Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Anyone live near Winder, GA?  (Read 14273 times)

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Anyone live near Winder, GA?
« on: August 12, 2018, 12:28:25 pm »

https://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/d/1987-pontiac-fiero-gt/6666987339.html

1987 Pontiac Fiero Gt. White over grey 2 tone. Light grey cloth interior. Power; windows, locks, mirrors, rear hood. Tilt, cruise, delay wipers, A/C, original stereo and speakers and sun roof. 2.8 v6, 5 speed. The engine has been converted to a 3.1 liter short block. Mechanical work is as follows: Complete rebuild of engine, new harmonic balancer, new alternator, starter, water pump, a/c compressor, all new engine sensors, plugs wires, rotor dist. cap, coil, EGR valve, Oxygen sensor, coolant hoses , K and N air filter and thermostat. During the rebuild I also replaced the flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, clutch fork, slave cylinder and synchromesh fluid. At engine install I replaced both trans mounts and the engine mount. During re assembly I replaced left and right CV axles, rear brake rotors, calipers and brake pads. I also have new front rotors and pads but have not installed them yet.

The body is in very good condition with no broken or chipped panels. The paint in areas is quite presentable with the exception of clear delamination on the engine cover and the common chipping around the sunroof and dryness on the tops of the rear quarters. The glass is all excellent. The passengers side quarter plexiglass window has a broken area at the GT emblem. The drivers side is in decent shape with only a chip out of the upper front corner. The taillights have some cracking but are intact and I would consider them quite good. All the lights work including the headlights that work as they should.

On the interior the carpet and door panels are excellent.The passengers seat is perfect. The dash board is perfect and crack free. The steering wheel is like new with no loose material, The shift knob and boot show no wear what so ever but are original. The console is excellent. The visors are excellent. The headliner needs replacing but I have the material and may replace it in the next several days.The drivers seat, although fairly good, needs re upholstering. All gauges work perfectly and they all light up. The original stereo and speakers work and sound very good. All the options work including windows locks and mirrors. The vehicle is of course a sunroof car and comes with the original sunroof shade, storage bag and air deflector.

The car only has about 15 miles since the mechanical work was done. I simply don't have the time or energy to finish. I have a clean clear GA title that goes with the car. Come look and feel free to make me an offer. I am negotiable. Please don't text or email. Pick up the phone and call me. I like good conversation. Asking $4,150. Bill show contact info or show contact info ,
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone live near Winder, GA?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 10:29:59 pm »
This has been out there for at least a week.
The ad I saw said "Bethlehem", but I'm sure they're close to one another.

Looks like a nice car. One of the Pennocks people had asked me about it too, but I think he's looking for something else..

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 11:07:38 pm »
Winder and Bethlehem abutt each other.  In the past he was looking for help and was invited to interact with the club.  Not interested.  Neither am I. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

psychosurfer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 08:11:04 pm »
Im in the Jefferson area not far from Winder or Bethlehem... Happy to check it out for anyone interested...

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 09:26:44 pm »
He contacted us for help in selling the car last month. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 08:02:34 am »
Im in the Jefferson area not far from Winder or Bethlehem... Happy to check it out for anyone interested...

Not interested.  Posted the ad so someone in the area could reach out and tell him about the club.

Looks like that already happened.
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class