Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: While Browsing Another Car Club Website......  (Read 15166 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
While Browsing Another Car Club Website......
« on: July 26, 2009, 07:24:22 pm »
I came across a thread where the group was planning to take a trip to The Tail of The Dragon.  Some of the information made me think of one of the times our club visited The Dragon.  Back in 2006 it was.

I remember the big controversy when Joe charged a $5 entry or registration fee for everyone that joined with the group.  Lots of people were upset and some said they'd never return, and some haven't.  I don't remember what the registrants were supposed to get for their $5, since I was essentially out of the loop, due to having just been released from the hospital.  I have never been in favor of a registration fee.  It's a public road, and anyone can drive on it, either in front of us, with us or behind us.

But the contrast is in the other group I was reading about.  In their information, I found that they are charging a $50 registration fee.  Nope, that's not a typo.  $50.00 (Fifty Dollars), and I didn't see any mention of anything that anyone got for their money, other than the ability to drive along with the group. 

What group?  How many?  Unbelieveably, as of the middle of last week, they already had 64 cars signed up.  These aren't expensive European cars, either.  All American made, just like out Fieros, so the income level is probably similar to ours. 

I am glad that we can put on our RFTH each year with the help of a few volunteers and the donations of the many Fiero vendors and Fiero owners.  Thank you all for supporting and participating in the Run For The Hills.  I believe this is the longest continuous Fiero event in the US, and one of, if not the most enjoyable and least expensive, and can be enjoyed by anyone who has a roadworthy Fiero.

There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

sonic50

• View Profile
Re: While Browsing Another Car Club Website......
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 12:28:00 am »
You know, I don't understand why a car club would want to do that?
To me that is pointless.

Also to me for that year the joe did the RFTH I believe that most of the people did not come back not just for the 5 dollar fee but it was the poor event planing on his part. And for the fact that we had to pay like 25 bucks for food that sucked. lol.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: While Browsing Another Car Club Website......
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 09:47:05 pm »
...it was the poor event planing on his part. And for the fact that we had to pay like 25 bucks for food that sucked. lol.

There you have it.