Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Soccer  (Read 13807 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Soccer
« on: September 28, 2019, 08:02:44 pm »
Not really my thing, but my kids should know how to play.  So, I enrolled them in a soccer group.  The organizer has one head coach per age group.  The parents are supposed to volunteer for several slots.  My wife volunteered me for the first 2 weeks.  I coached 1 team, those two weeks, and was asked to coach a third week, which I also did.  Two of those weeks, the head coach for the age group dropped off her kids and left.  I coached again today, because they needed me again.  The people who were supposed to have volunteered last week dropped off their kids and left.  This week, the volunteers were there, but would not even set up the goals or cones.

Today, I found out that not only won't the head coach for the age group with which I volunteered be there, but there will also be no other volunteers.  They are having someone else drop off their kids.  So, it will be me, by myself, coaching 14 kids in a sport about which I know nothing.  Joy.

Isn't the point of volunteering to help out?  I do not understand how they can consider themself part of the group, but not be involved.  Maybe there is a new meaning for that word.  Of all the parents there, I know the least about soccer.  Several of the parents who "volunteered" are complaining about various things.  My opinion is that those who do the work make the decisions.  The head coaches are hit and miss.  This is only 7 weeks total.  Why do people sign up for something, if they can't--or won't--follow through?  The head coaches are paid.  Even the parents either do not volunteer, or "volunteer", but do not help.  I think the people who do the work should be paid for the work they do, and the others should get nothing.

PK

• View Profile
Re: Soccer
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 01:05:30 am »
I don't know much about soccer but if it was football, I could help. :0)

In 7 weeks they should be fully trained in rolling around on the floor feigning a serious injury..

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Soccer
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 08:08:03 am »
My kids are above that, but they do not have to sign up, next year.