Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Got this in the mail today...  (Read 14410 times)

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Got this in the mail today...
« on: October 25, 2019, 10:49:02 pm »
Today I received the below window sticker from Midwest Fiero Clubs. The writing is actually reversed as to left and right, because it is intended to be placed on the inside of a window, and viewed from the outside. I flipped this picture to make it read correctly.
The letter included invitations to visit their revamped website, and their Facebook page.

The actual sticker is about 4" tall.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Got this in the mail today...
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 10:54:03 pm »
Yes, the sticker is large, and has an odd texture.  It feels as if it was made of multiple pieces.

The envelope had no return address, so I wasn't sure what to expect, when I opened it.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 10:00:20 am »
Just a thought, but suppose you had one of these 4" stickers from the 20th, the 25th, the 30th, and the 35th, and you put all of them on your window.  That'd be a serious reduction in view.  64 square inches.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 04:43:11 pm »
Put 1 on each corner.  Problem solved.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 09:14:46 pm »
Lower left corner is the state inspection stickers.  Top left is parking stickers.  Top right is gate opener.  Bottom right is to get on base.  There are stickers on the sides for oil change, the sheriff's office parking, the courthouse, several PD's, the federal records center, etc.  Kindof out of space.  I can change them between cars, but can't put them behind anything.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 10:03:30 pm »
Down here, there are no inspection stickers on our cars.  I have 2 club decals in the lower left, GM National and Carlisle stickers in upper left.  All on the outside.  My Peach Pass Toll Road transponder strip is behind the rearview mirror at the top of the windshield. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2019, 11:33:52 pm »
Years ago, I had the windshield in one if my trucks replaced.  This was done while I was at work, and my truck was parked in the work lot.  Literally later in that same day, I got a ticket, for not having the inspection sticker, because the company failed to transfer the sticker.

I complained to the windshield company and the police at the lot where I was parked.  The windshield company couldn't come up with my sticker, and refused to pay the $24 for a new inspection, but they did pay for the ticket.  Only by then, I had accumulated about 9 more.  The windshield people complained that this never happened before, and wouldn't pay the other tickets.  The police also refused to pay, so I refused to complete the job.  The police ended up nulling the tickets, paying for an inspection, and paying me overtime to complete the job.  I charged them overtime for the entire job.

Apparently, they want us to have the sticker.

If you don't have the proper parking sticker, they tow your car to Neverland, meaning that you'll never get your car back, unless you find and buy it from a police auction.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 08:54:22 am »
I had to have a windshield replaced back in the '70s when we had inspections.  The glass company cut/broke off the section that had the inspection sticker and left it laying on the dash.  Never got stopped before the new inspection was due. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2019, 06:57:11 pm »
Without inspections, the cars aren't safe to be on the road.  Supposedly, the cars from Illinois have to pass inspection, but you'd never know it.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2019, 10:15:15 pm »
When we had inspections, $20 in the pocket of the inspector would get me passed at the station where I took my VW. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2019, 10:17:42 pm »
I remember the money under the table thing, too.  Much harder to cheat, now.