Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: oil sender in wrong spot?  (Read 14913 times)

f85gtron

• View Profile
oil sender in wrong spot?
« on: May 16, 2014, 12:32:42 pm »
I was under the car, as usual, when i spotted the oil pressure sender is located strait above the oil filter.  I thought they where supposed to be located and piped up by the intake manifold.  What gives?
Ron
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: oil sender in wrong spot?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 02:54:13 pm »
It's a non-AC car.  It was moved to the top on AC equipped cars because there wasn't room for it below with the compressor, brackets and hoses installed.  If you do add AC, I have a tube you can have.  It would be great if you could come up to remove all the stuff you think you would need.  There's under-dash stuff, under-hood stuff, under-body pan stuff, and other stuff.  You will need to change out the heater core since AC and non-AC cars have different cores.  Also, the climate control, and like I said "and other stuff". 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 01:32:42 am »
Ok. Thanks.  I will, assuming the items are decent enough.  Are they in good enough shape for a transplant?  You're referencing the car listed in the market section, right?
Ron
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 06:37:17 am »
Yes.  MetalBlue85GT has been disassembling a little at a time.  He might be able to tell you more about the condition of things. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 08:49:37 am »
It's a non-AC car.  It was moved to the top on AC equipped cars because there wasn't room for it below with the compressor, brackets and hoses installed.  If you do add AC, I have a tube you can have.  It would be great if you could come up to remove all the stuff you think you would need.  There's under-dash stuff, under-hood stuff, under-body pan stuff, and other stuff.  You will need to change out the heater core since AC and non-AC cars have different cores.  Also, the climate control, and like I said "and other stuff".

There is also a TSB to move the OPS down by the oil filter on AC-equipped Fieros.