Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Some 2020 Activities  (Read 16996 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Some 2020 Activities
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2020, 10:30:17 pm »
The roads were good all the way.  No potholes.  The hotel is only about a half mile off I-81.  The roughest area was SC from Lake Hartwell to about Exit 11.  No potholes.  Just rutted due to heavy truck traffic in the right lane.  That's an area that you wouldn't come through. 

I do agree that the section up through the area where the strip mining took place can be brutal.  It wasn't potholes but the uneven sections of concrete highway.  Seemed like the joints of none of them were on the same level as the one they butted against. 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 10:36:34 pm by Fierofool »
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2020, 07:51:24 pm »
Since no one really seems to be interested in Carlisle, what about Pigeon Forge? 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2020, 07:59:45 pm »
Since no one really seems to be interested in Carlisle, what about Pigeon Forge?

I'm thinking of going if I get my "project car" finished in time.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2020, 08:07:34 pm »
Carlisle, or Pigeon Forge?

The Art Doctor

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2020, 08:29:05 pm »
I have done this the last 5 years it is lots of fun.  I bring my son and the whole neighborhood comes out as we throw candy to the kids from the car windows.  We meet up at the park afterwords for soft drinks and snacks and then many head on their way and others meet later at local restaurants for dinner.  Would be nice to get a few Fiero's.  If your car gets hot sitting in traffic this may not be the event for you as it is a slow crawl, but even the overheating Flathead V8 group seems to make it through OK most of the time.  Official invite below:

April 12th: Easter Parade in Avondale Estates, GA • Sunday Afternoon, 1:30 PM 22nd Annual Easter Parade through historic Avondale Estates. It’s for motor vehicles only. As always, we will assemble at the Twin Oaks Shopping Plaza, 2853 East College Avenue, Avondale Estates, GA, 30032. The parade will start promptly at 2:30 PM. The Avondale Estates Police Department will lead us through the residential areas. It is acceptable to carefully throw wrapped candy to the kids who turn out to see the vintage cars. We ALWAYS get a terrific turnout of people on the curbs. The parade will end at a designated area blocked off of the cars and people, where light refreshments will be provided by the host club, the Early Ford V8 club. Area residents are invited to join us at the park for a closer look. There will be fifty or more cars from the AACA, Model A Restorers Club, Early Ford V-8 Club, Peach State Cadillac Club, and other antique car clubs. The Avondale Estates Homeowners Association is very supportive of this parade. It’s in their newsletter, and it’s on their website. Please wear your name badge and introduce yourself. We look forward to seeing you! Questions? Contact Lamar Hart, Easter Parade Chairman lamarhart@outlook.com (770) 496-9928.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2020, 08:32:52 pm »
A replacement for the St. Pat's Day Parade?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 08:00:29 am by GTRS Fiero »

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2020, 05:52:02 pm »
"April 12th: Easter Parade in Avondale Estates, GA"

About two months and two hours away from my house.
Might be interested.  Need to check with my calendar manager.

Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2020, 05:30:08 pm »
It seems rather unique to have a parade on Easter day.  Of course, there is the Thanksgiving parade, but the turkey isn't ready to eat yet, anyway.

The Art Doctor

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2020, 10:01:21 pm »
22 years and counting on the Easter parade.  The weather is usually very good this time of year.  I do not know the origin story but after going to church (this is the bible belt after all) what else are you going to do on a Sunday afternoon?  Throw candy at kids from a moving car!

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2020, 10:03:27 pm »
That makes more sense.