Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: COVID logic?  (Read 13557 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
COVID logic?
« on: February 28, 2021, 01:32:26 pm »

Is this why EVERYONE IS CONFUSED?
~~~~~~~~~~

Me: AT RESTAURANT:
Hostess: OK, I can seat you at this table right here (4 feet away), but I will need you to wear a mask to the table.
Me: What happens when I get to the table?
Hostess: You can take off the mask.
Me: Then it is safe over there?
Hostess: Yes.
Me: Are those fans blowing above the table? Is that the air-conditioning I feel? Is the air circulating in here?
Hostess: No words. Confused look.

Me: AT GROCERY STORE: Why is there plastic on the payment keypad?
Cashier: To protect people from Covid.
Me: But isn’t everyone touching the plastic the same way they would the regular keypad?
Cashier: No words. Confused look.

Me: Why don't you pack the grocery bags anymore?
Cashier: Because of covid-19 to reduce the spread of catching or spreading the virus.
Me: But a shelf packer took it out of a box and put it on the shelf, a few customers might have picked it up and put it back deciding they don't want it, I put it in my cart then on the conveyor belt, YOU pick it up to scan it... but putting it in a bag after you scan it is risky??
Cashier: No words, confused look.

Me: AT A DRIVE-THRU
Server: (holds a tray out the window with a bag of food for a logical friend to grab)
Me: Why is my bag of food on a tray?
Server: So I don’t touch your food because of Covid.
Me: Didn’t the cook touch my food? Didn’t the person wrapping my food touch it and then touch it again when placing it in my bag? Didn’t you touch the bag and put it on the tray? Didn’t you touch the tray?
Server: No words. Confused look.

And add the Costco people that can’t touch your Costco card but can scan all the food you put on the belt then take the money you hand them... hmmm

Me: In SOCIETY
SOCIETY: If you cough or sneeze do it in your elbow or sleeve,
Also society: Don't shake hands or hug anyone or you will spread the virus. To greet people, do an elbow tap instead.
Me: Elbow tap? Isn't that where you tell people to sneeze or cough? Into their elbow? Now you want people to tap each other with that elbow? Wouldn't it be safer to sneeze into the elbow and shake hands like we did before Covid?

SOCIETY: You are not allowed to stand and drink at the pub or bar, you have to sit down. But at the shopping center you are not allowed to sit down, all the chairs are roped off.

Life is hard for logical people right now.

PK

• View Profile
Re: COVID logic?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 11:07:02 am »
Stay away from these places...problem solved!

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 12:59:57 pm »
Saturday morning I went to get my first shot.  It was in a big community center.  They did a very good job of keeping people separated with chairs placed all around and people just moved up from chair to chair.  They were shooting seniors, so they prepared for a bunch of us that couldn't stand very long. 

When I got to the table for my shot, none of them were wearing gloves.  I came prepared, expecting all to be wearing gloves and was going to ask them if those were the same gloves they've been using on everyone.  I had a couple of pair in my pocket and asked the one giving the shot to put them on.  She offered no argument and donned the gloves.  Got the shot and actually had to look to be sure I was getting one.  Absolutely no pain from the stick. 

There's no 100% way to avoid passing Covid Germs, but we can do our part to minimalize the chance.  One would have to have a complete change of clothing at every encounter with someone else or anything someone else touched.   
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 03:23:37 pm »
i got my 2nd shot (Moderna) today. Absolutely no after effects so far -- not even the strange taste in my mouth that happened after the 1st shot.
Edit: I have a friend who is a conspiracy theorist, who thinks that the vaccines have nano-technology in them put there by the government, which will modify your DNA and make you a government slave (or something like that).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 03:38:12 pm by TopNotch »
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.