Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Major Events In 2023  (Read 744 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Major Events In 2023
« on: November 20, 2022, 07:52:00 am »
There are two major Fiero events scheduled for 2023.  In July, the 40th Anniversary of the Fiero in Pontiac, Mi. and in June, the GM Nationals Car Show in Carlisle, Pa.  The Fiero will be the featured automobile for the Carlisle show.  Host hotels at Pontiac are said to already be fully booked.  It's possible that Carlisle is, also. 

https://mafoa.com/       

We should endeavor to make a good showing at one or both of the events however, the Carlisle show is a yearly event while the Anniversary Shows are every 5 years.  For those of us that can't do the two shows in a row, I suggest we try to put as many together as possible and do the 40th Anniversary show.  Rooms can be shared to reduce expenses and maybe do only 2 or 3 days instead of the full 4.

JayDog and I are making plans to attend and would like to have a bunch of Georgia Fiero peeps with us.  Let's discuss this at upcoming meetings, or if you desire, comment here. 

July 12 - 16th, 2023 Pontiac Michigan
Book your group rate host hotel stay here: Midwest Fiero Car Club group rate
Update: the official Facebook event is live: 40th Anniversary Celebration of the Pontiac Fiero Presented by M1 Concourse
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Major Events In 2023
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2022, 03:15:37 pm »
My brothers and I are going to the 40th. We all have our rooms. My brother Mike said that others from the Dallas TX area are going besides him, and they will convoy. I'll probably join their convoy somewhere.
I probably won't go to Carlisle in 2023.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2022, 04:15:26 pm »
I think Spadesluck is going to the 40th, also.  How about it Raydar, Budgetman72, Budget15991, James Hartlline, and any others? 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2022, 01:29:45 pm »
I'm leaning towards going to the 40th.

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2022, 03:20:35 pm »

Hmmm.  My mother-in-law is only about an hour from Pontiac.

So, the question to consider is, July in Michigan or July in Georgia.  Hmmmm.
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2022, 05:35:00 pm »
The host hotel at the 40th Anniversary is booked out.  There are two Marriott hotels directly across the street.  Residence Inn by Mariott Detroit Pontiac Auburn Hills, 3333 Centerpoint Parkway and Courtyard By Marriott Detroit Pontiac Auburn Hills, 3555 Centerpoint Parkway.  Each has 4 or 5 rooms left.

I have booked through Expedia at Courtyard by Marriott @ $197/night for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night with 2 double beds.  I would like to share the room with someone to bring the per person cost down to $100 plus taxes per night.  At least one other club member is also staying there. 

SpadeCustoms

• View Profile
    • Spade Customs
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2022, 10:20:03 pm »
Yes, I am going to the 40th. Already have my hotel booked as well. My wife and I will be making this trip, it will be her first big car show with me ever. With that said, I will not be doing Carlisle as I cannot justify doing it along with the 40th personally. The 40th is a one-time thing, was a no brainer for me.

Fierofrenzy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2022, 09:37:38 am »
I just booked my room at the Hampton in in Alburn. Its only 2 miles away from the meet, so the rooms are much cheaper. I talked to HandymanPat, a very active member from PPF. He'll be coming to the show from Texas. Im still unsure of how I'll be getting there. I may fly, but if you guys are running a convoy, I'll consider that. Im hoping to find out tons more information thru your club meetings. Until then, have a Merry Christmas 1 and all.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2022, 10:20:50 am »
I'm not sure when JayDog is going up but we had talked about traveling together.  We're staying at the same hotel across the street from the host hotel.  I think Pat will be going a different route if he's meeting up with his brothers along the way. 

Raydar hasn't announced his schedule if he does go.  I'm leaving early, early, Thursday morning and will be returning early, early Sunday morning. 

ntjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2023, 03:54:38 pm »
Late add from me - I am going to both Fiero’s at Carlisle and the 40th.  Would love to cannonball it with others.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2023, 04:25:32 pm »
There could be 2 convoys from here, depending upon what days people head out.  Stay tuned.  Maybe we can hook up with some of the South Georgia and Florida people as they pass through. 

From Atlanta it's about a 14 hour drive Via I-75, so I, personally am planning to leave Thursday morning maybe 3 or 4 AM. 

ntjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2023, 07:08:33 pm »
Also, the Hot Rod Power Tour starts this year in ATL.  Unfortunately, I can’t start the tour until mid-week, but would love to cruise with anyone that wants to run it through Bristol.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2023, 07:11:14 pm »
Not going to be a thing for me this year.  Plan to do the 40th and that's the max my budget can handle. 

Day 1:  Monday, June 12 - Atlanta Motor Speedway, Hampton, Georgia
Day 2:  Tuesday, June 13 - South Carolina State Fairgrounds, Columbia, South Carolina
Day 3:  Wednesday, June 14 - Rockingham Speedway, Rockingham, North Carolina
Day 4:  Thursday, June 15 - zMAX Dragway, Concord, North Carolina
Day 5:  Friday, June 16 - Bristol Motor Speedway, Bristol, Tennessee
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 07:38:00 pm by Fierofool »