Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Fieros and Peach Passes  (Read 198 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Fieros and Peach Passes
« on: September 13, 2022, 12:33:13 pm »
Do you have a Georgia Tollway Peach Pass on their Fiero?  Do you use the HOV toll lane and are you being charged?  I have never been charged for using the toll lanes in my Fiero, and I've never gotten any violation, either.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: Fieros and Peach Passes
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 09:53:40 pm »
Interesting. I don't live near enough to a "peach pass" lane to make owning one worthwhile, but if it becomes a "free pass", I might have to have on on hand, for the one or two times a year I might find it useful.

I wonder who is getting your bills. :D

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2022, 09:06:55 am »
I don't know.  When I ordered the transponder for the 87, it was mailed to my address.  It required make, model, and color and tag number.  Model and color weren't among the click options in their menu, so that got the OTHER designation.  My account shows Pontiac and my tag number.  Just no charges.  After Saturdays meeting, I checked when i got home and my truck charges for both ways was already on my account. 

Hey!  As long as they don't backcharge me for everything at once, I'm OK with it.  Makes up for the $11+ I got hit for in the truck just a little before noon, one day.  My normal charges run around $1.50 and sometimes less each way at the times I use the HOV lane. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2022, 11:20:30 pm »
I wonder if the Peach Pass system can't see plastic cars.
I drove on a similar system in Texas on a visit to my brother's house a few years ago in a Fiero. i got a bill in the mail a few weeks later. It wasn't against any law to drive on it there if you were out of state.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2022, 12:32:18 am »
I have a transponder in my windshield.  The overhead sensor should pick it up.  If not, when I pass over the sensor in the roadway and no transponder signal is picked up, it takes a picture of the license plate.