Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: East Tennessee Fiero Club Annual Picnic  (Read 20027 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: East Tennessee Fiero Club Annual Picnic
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 02:38:53 pm »
I did a MapQuest from Winder to Etowah.  In order to be in Etowah by 2, we need to:

Leave Chatsworth City Hall by 1
Leave Ellijay by 12
Leave Dawsonville by 11

That means to be there and ready to leave by the times above.  Anyone coming from any other direction and planning to meet up with us, make your schedule accordingly. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

carnut122

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 08:56:15 pm »
. "Those that want to meet in Ellijay can meet at the Baptist Church on Hwy 52, E. Dalton Street, just north of the rotary, going towards Chatsworth.  It would be good to bring your FRS radio and keep it on Channel 7.

To meet in Ellijay, we should be out of there by around 11:30 in order to meet the folks in Chatsworth.  "

I may well meet up with you in Elijay.  If you don't see me at the Baptist church, keep on going.  Sorry I can't be more certain, but I really don't want you waiting around should I not be there.  I'll have a radio on Chanel 7 and I should have the wife's cell phone in case Charlie still has the #.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2010, 11:17:46 pm »
I still have it.  There's no signal coming up 52 until you get to 575.  I'll call you when I get there to see if you're traveling.  Just me and Pat coming up that way.  Tim was going, but Dean says there's some problems with the 308 that may need repair before it can be driven again. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

carnut122

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 08:55:24 am »
Charlie,  I just had a wrench thrown into my plans and I'll not be coming after all.
   Tom
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 09:39:34 am by carnut122 »

Gary Murray

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 11:05:11 pm »
well we all had a good time today, thank you all for coming,,i think we had 28 people there today and i want to thank you all for making this a day for robert. he wasnt feeling to well today due to a kidney stone but as always he was happy to see you all. i didnt get a chance to talk to everyone but im so happy you came. charlie,pat,don,john j, conrad and the rest of you GA folks i appreciate you all driving so far to support robert. i also want to thank pete from maryville,tn for his donation he generated from making the fiero badges to raise money for robert and gail,thank you pete it will be used well...just a big thank you to you all for coming...robert was fast asleep when we left this evening,he was really worn out. i think the sight of everyone brang a fear tears to his eyes. im just happy we still have robert with us,he has been through more than any of us could ever dream but with all the friends like you all and the prayers sent above he has pulled through something that most folks couldnt,, and for that i am greatful...again thank you all for making this day a good day for robert..GOD BLESS you all....Gary

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2010, 05:20:31 pm »
I had a good time at the get-together. Robbie was a real trooper for coming in spite of the additional pain of a kidney stone on top of his other troubles. I certainly hope he's feeling better now.
Here are some pictures:

The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

carnut122

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 06:42:04 pm »
Thanks for posting pictures!  Sorry I didn't make it.  Can you re-post that bottom one again or ask that guy to put on his hat-there's an awful lot of glare in that picture!  :) 8)