Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Dewey (OldOne) Had Shoulder Surgery  (Read 16088 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Dewey (OldOne) Had Shoulder Surgery
« on: August 31, 2011, 01:43:38 pm »
Dewey, other than the soreness, how are you feeling in general?  What did you have done and what are the doctors saying about the success and recovery? 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fiero GTB

• I don't drive much, but when I do I drive my Fiero
    • View Profile
Re: Dewey (OldOne) Had Shoulder Surgery
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 10:58:54 pm »
Dewey:

Look, when someone told you to always keep your shoulder to the wheel, it was just a figure of speech!

Mend quickly!

Best,
Tim
Every time my GPS says, "Your ETA is...,"
   I hear, "Your Time to Beat is..."

oldone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 06:37:31 am »
thanks guys, i had bone spurs removed off my left shoulder ( they thought there was a tear in the rotater cuff but it was ok when they got inside ) . it's pretty painful when you move it the wrong way, i'm going to the doctor this afternoon for a follow-up visit. personally it just doesn't feel like i will be able to put full pressure in all directions on the car for the run. as i said i don't know if i could handle riding shotgun, i think i would lose my lunch all over 85gt's car. how about you guys have you gone shot-gun on one of these things and would you do it again? 
the world is a sh t sandwich and everyday is another little bite

Fiero GTB

• I don't drive much, but when I do I drive my Fiero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 09:24:29 am »
thanks guys, i had bone spurs removed off my left shoulder ( they thought there was a tear in the rotater cuff but it was ok when they got inside ) . it's pretty painful when you move it the wrong way, i'm going to the doctor this afternoon for a follow-up visit. personally it just doesn't feel like i will be able to put full pressure in all directions on the car for the run. as i said i don't know if i could handle riding shotgun, i think i would lose my lunch all over 85gt's car. how about you guys have you gone shot-gun on one of these things and would you do it again?

I've ridden shotgun to help lay out the course for various rallies, but it was trying to focus on reading a map that made my stomach go around. It's kind of like being on a ship during rough weather; if you can look straight ahead and keep the horizon in focus, you do a lot better.

I would be much more concerned about jarring your sore shoulder the wrong way if you hit a bump or something.

One idea might be to find someone willing to be point man and leave an hour ahead to scout the route (at much lower speeds) to identify and radio back the location of any speed traps, road closures, groups of Swedish female college exchange students out hiking in the nude, etc.

Good luck!

Tim
Every time my GPS says, "Your ETA is...,"
   I hear, "Your Time to Beat is..."

oldone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 10:38:23 am »
i know what you mean i usally drive wherever i go so i don't get sick. and i always have my" i brake for swedish female college exchange students out hiking in the nude " bumper sticker.

Nazareth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 07:14:43 pm »
I feel your pain, just had rotator cuff and bicep surgery myself. I would never have thought shoulder surgery could be so painful and limiting! I'm glad you got by with spurs even though it's a rough 2 or 3 months from what they tell me. Best of luck to you!!

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 07:57:32 pm »
Dewey, I'm like you.  I usually drive, but I can ride the regular roads as a passenger without having problems.  As a passenger in the twisties, even seasoned people like Ramon had a little problem when we originally laid out the Asheville run, and on this year's scouting run, Wild Man Kevin was salivating a little when riding as a passenger.  It is so much different as a passenger. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Donster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 08:14:46 pm »
So I'm guessing Dewey and I won't be having beers the night before the run?

;D

\D
Life is good!

85GT

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 06:28:50 pm »
Dewey, hope you mend fast, shoulder pain is the pits...

oldone

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 08:51:15 pm »
i'm out of the sling but can't lift anything with my left arm. the pain is easing up a bit but if you move it to much or the wrong way- whoa nellie.

Crash 86GT

• Me and my Friends
    • View Profile
    • East Tennessee Fiero Club
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 07:17:28 am »
Hold in there Dewey, we need to get back together, soon, just to talk.
President of East Tennessee Fiero Club