Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: so...ball joints...  (Read 19899 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: so...ball joints...
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 11:35:53 pm »
The tool is reversible for pressing it out then back in if it's the C clamp style.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Spartanzz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 11:36:59 pm »
yeah thats the one but my question is will it be able to break the welds by itself?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 11:43:24 pm »
No.  They will need to be ground off or chiseled.  A small cutting wheel in a power drill will do the trick.  I have a drill and I think we could find the wheel at Ace.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Spartanzz

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 11:53:44 pm »
okie dokie i have to figure out which day im going to be off either tomorrow or friday ill let you know though because really also depends on if lee can help me get it done before this weekend because i really need to fix the alignment asap so i dont waste a set of tires...

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2012, 09:30:50 am »
On my 88, the lower ball joints were not welded. I was told by someone that some are welded, and some are not. Maybe when pressed in at the factory, depending on how much pressure was required to press them, a decision was made to weld or not. Anyhow, my new Rodney ball joint is pressed in, with a snap ring. It survived the run, and the last trial run before that, so I recon it's OK.

The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Spartanzz

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2012, 05:51:46 pm »
well just got my controll arm bolt and washer said. which one the fierostore website is stated it includes alignment washers. i called NTB just a min ago and aaron sadly isnt there today so tomorrow i will go up there show him what i got and make sure its what is needed. Then gunna try and find a way to pay them to do it. Which means i gatta get my ball joints in very soon...

Spartanzz

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2012, 10:12:54 am »
ok got my upper ball joints in yesturday thanks to Charlie! :) and currently im sitting at NTB and they are getting it set up! And they are only Charging me $50 since iv all ready paid for the alignment. But, to everyone considering going here one of the managers told me that they are not going to sell alignments on fieros for $80 you will have to pay $120 here. BUT, i will say they know what they are doing so overall your choice.