Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Fiero-friendly body shop?  (Read 14954 times)

commodore_dude

Fiero-friendly body shop?
« on: August 31, 2013, 05:23:15 pm »
Hmm, don't think I've posted on here at all in almost a year since I bought my 88 GT. Had a ridiculous mishap with the side of my garage this morning, basically clipped the rail for the garage door with the edge of the passenger side mirror at a very low speed (no throttle, just riding clutch backing out) and wound up basically ripping a wall off my house and pulling on the mirror just enough that it cracked the door skin and appears to have tweaked something metal inside the door, as I can't push in on the plastic skin because something is holding it several inches farther out than it should be  >:(. Turning it over to insurance due to the complicated situation and having full coverage on the car and a low deductible (although I hate to have an accident show up on an otherwise clean history report going forward), but is there anywhere that could be recommended with Fiero knowledge for the repair and sourcing the needed parts? I'm assuming the Fiero Factory would be the closest source for the parts, but I don't know if I'd be able to use them as a repair shop for insurance purposes yet (don't mind driving that far, although it's a rather unpleasant drive at highway speeds with the condition the tires and front suspension are in). At this point I'm just about tempted to let them handle the repairs as well as all the other issues I was planning on fixing myself so I can sell the damn thing I'm so frustrated...

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Fiero-friendly body shop?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 05:49:58 pm »
Contact Paul Angel at ImThaDriver "at" yahoo.com   He's up in Commerce, but much closer and cheaper than The Fiero Factory, and I don't believe The Fiero Factory does paint and body in their shop. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

commodore_dude

Re: Fiero-friendly body shop?
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 02:53:22 pm »
Thanks. Emailed him earlier this week, haven't heard back yet but I won't have a chance to actually get it anywhere for a few more days at this point. I've cooled down some at this point, and maybe the damage isn't quite as severe as I thought at first... end result will probably be this car gets the respray it needs to look right anyway :)