Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Government shutdown  (Read 15182 times)

ron768

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Government shutdown
« on: October 01, 2013, 10:16:04 pm »
Well, today they locked up the hanger and sent everyone home. No one was laid off or fired, we all have a job, we just cant work because the government oversight isnt there to make sure we do the right thing. I dont know how long this will last, but if it goes on more than a month, I will be looking for employment again. On a lighter note,,, see everyone at the next club meeting.
1985 2M6 SE, 1986 GT x 2.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Government shutdown
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 11:20:26 pm »
I hate that it happened to you, but I hope the House holds its ground.  I had sent a letter to Senators Isakson and Chambliss urging them to stand with Ted Cruz, Mike Lee and Rand Paul to delay implementation of The Affordable Health Care Act for a year while funding everything else.  Chambliss is retiring and he didn't reply.  Isakson replied that he wouldn't vote for any legislation that included funding for Obamacare.  The Congressional Record showed that last week he voted to include it in the legislation.

There are many things that the Federal Government can shut down without jeopardizing our national security and the lives of those who defend us.  I believe they shut down things to draw the public into pressuring their Congressmen. 

There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

ron768

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 09:29:35 am »
I agree. The politicians that are in Washington DC dont listen to the people who put them there. I have sent emails to the senators and congressmen in NC to tell them the same thing, delay or defund ACA. Its a bad law.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 10:08:44 am »
I went to the NASA website to see what the folks on the International Space Station were doing. (Those of you who know me, know that I am interested in that sort of thing.) The website said, "Due to the lapse in federal government funding, this website is not available." So now I'm thinking of the folks on the station (5 men and one woman), on the radio... "Houston... Houston... Is anybody there?"
Fortunately, the station is international, and there are mission control centers in Japan, Germany, and Russia.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 10:47:33 am »
I sent out emails to US Senators who had not committed to oppose funding of ObamaCare and to vote with Senators Cruz and Lee when they filibustered.  I reminded each that though I didn't live in their state, what they did affected the country I live in.  North Carolina, was among a number of them, including Senator McCain of Arizona, who returned an automated reply that they did not respond to persons who didn't live in their state. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

ron768

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 10:13:21 pm »
I get to go back to work tomorrow! I guess the government figured out how much tax money they were loosing by keeping us from working. Time to find a job that will pay  no matter what the fed does.