Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Does it look like this?  (Read 14497 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Does it look like this?
« on: March 04, 2017, 07:38:05 am »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/87-Fiero-Pontiac-V6-used-engine-upgraded-3-1L-GT-/182448794830?hash=item2a7acbacce:g:vBgAAOSwqM1Ym2A1&vxp=mtr

Sometimes, the picture in your head doesn't match the reality.  The motor is in a Fiero, and I realize that the battery has been relocated, but this looks far from stock.  The  EGR and alternator up top, a strap that does nothing, lots of hoses...where is the coil?  I see the 3.1 intake.

I'm not sure about this wire over the belt, or the bracket by the alternator that bolts to nothing:

Where is the dogbone?  That thing on its side above?  There is a something in the corner:

I just envisioned something much different.  The wires along the firewall, the EGR tube, or whatever that is...  Lots of things that don't make sense to me in the battery tray area, like that something wrapped around the bracket, and the connector that doesn't...connect.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 08:37:06 pm by tshark »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Does it look like this?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 08:50:50 am »
The bracket at the alternator may be a cruise vacuum line.  At 1 angle, looks like the other is near the brake vacuum hose.  Odd thing with the engine fan tube bent upward.  Should have just removed it.  The dogbone is also mounted transversely rather than longitudinally.  It surely does little to stop the engine from torqueing front to rear.  But all those issues could be easily resolved.  Except maybe the dogbone would take some work to relocate.  Something like a turnbuckle so length could be suitably adjusted.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 08:54:51 am »
Yes, the fan tube looks as if it's been pried up with a screwdriver, or something small.

Using the 3.1 intake, would this run better than the 2.8 intake?

I wonder if the 3.1 intake would work on a 3.4.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 08:01:31 am by GTRS Fiero »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 09:11:23 am »
The 3.1 was aluminum heads.  Entirely different port configuration, though the block was the same so 2.8 heads will bolt on.  Thus it may be possible to put a 3.4 intake onto those.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers