Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Potential show car (Fiero)  (Read 16006 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Potential show car (Fiero)
« on: April 06, 2017, 07:24:33 pm »
I received the following via email, along with contact info:
Started as 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT in mint, like new condition.  This car was a real bright spot in its last showing, drawing lots of attention.  Many upgrades and improvements have been made.  Rare Fiero in unique condition.  Most difficult parts already replaced.  Only needs most obvious parts at this time.  Had a slight overheating issue, but this has been resolved.  Has nice aftermarket wheels.  Could use new rear tires.  Engine has been upgraded, but has not been started recently.  Paint is highly desirable yellow, with some fading and discoloration.  Clear title in hand.  Current body mods may or may not be to your taste, but body panels are easily replacable.  Interior is nice, with expected wear and tear for age and condition, although there may be slight water damage, due to the partial conversion to convertible notchback.  This is a true sports car, with exotic min-engine layout.  Has good airflow through cabin, due to removal of rear window.  Rather than pay $300K for a similar car, you can get this rare performance sports car for a fraction of the cost.  Ideal candidate for a V8 swap, which would truly take this car to the next level of performance!  Selling, due to circumstances that prevent me from appreciating the car as I formerly did.  Due to my lack of recent attention, this car has sat for a bit, and will need a refresh.  Low mileage at 170K.  This description is to the best of my ability.  As this is a 30-year-old car, it is sold as-is, where is.  Must see in person to appreciate.  This Fiero will only increase in value as you spend money on it.  For a car in this condition, the asking price is a bargain, at $8,995.  Hurry!  Will not last long!

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Potential show car (Fiero)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 07:29:04 pm »
Not to insult anyone, but the following image from google could meet that description:

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 08:14:42 am »
Very truthfully written, literally.  The only exaggeration I see is the asking price. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 08:15:39 am »
They tend to burn up on reentry
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 08:17:19 am »
That pic was unrelated.  No pics in the email.  I did a google search, and that pic came up.  After I posted the image, I read the story of that particular Fiero, which was an '86.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 08:27:24 am »
Still fits the description though, doesn't it?  Of that particular ad, I mean.  We wouldn't want to pictorially describe all Fieros like that, now would we?
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 05:20:28 pm »
The person who sent the email doesn't seem to want to send pics.  Wants me to see the car in person.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 07:57:51 pm »
I did go to see the car advertised by the seller.  No pictures.

The car I saw was:
A.  Not a Fiero
B.  Not a mid-engine vehicle

There had been a fire.  The engine had been removed and put inside the vehicle, which looked like a cross between a 300Z and an RX8.  I suspect someone tried to hack 2 vehicles together, then set it on fire.