Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Parade lap Indy  (Read 17350 times)

scottb

• View Profile
Re: Parade lap Indy
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 09:45:44 pm »
I used to drink in Phil's bar in Cumming..... never saw her though...... darn it

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2017, 10:37:41 pm »
I used to see "Daddy" regularly when I was dragging at Forsyth and Yellow River.  Got to know Dyno Don a little.  Saw Linda once, up close.  As a young single guy, I wanted it to be closer.  She seemed much prettier than her early pictures above.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2017, 10:40:14 pm »
That fence is to keep guys at a distance.  She has a nice smile.  I couldn't say if she's pretty or not.  Mostly sunglasses.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2017, 10:48:56 pm »
I was a driver, so I got a close view while we were in que to go under the lights. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2017, 02:15:52 am »
    A buddy of mine, Phil Bonner Jr.and She are really close and speak regularly, But I havn't spoken to him in a year or so, His Dad was Phil Bonner " Daddy Warbucks" the drag racer.

You know Bonner? I did all the fiberglass, body, & paint (but not the lettering) on the restoration of his Thunderbolt.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 02:20:50 am by Tha Driver »

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2017, 07:13:29 am »
 Yes, but I am just a year of so older than Phil's son.  When I was 12/13 years old Arnie Beswick would Stay in My Neighbors House When he toured "Down South" First with the 62 Catilina, then with the Tempest,It was just a 326 /421 /blower motor /Eng setback/rears Forward /"Tameless Tiger" it took about 3 years for all that. Being a Factory Driver they kept him in GTO's (64 on)( for Super Stock) Kinda Met them all , Landy the Platt bros.Don Nickelson,The Tool Man, Ronnie Sox  Was even at Dallas when Petty wrecked. back then that wasn't Unuseuall  But I was just that Pesky Kid Back then, Now I'm the Old Fart.  And Very Kool for you to get to do the Work on the car, 64 and 5 Falcons and Comets are still My Favorite cars.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 03:45:28 pm by GTXVette »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2017, 06:34:26 pm »
They are no different than the other Indys, so, yes paperwork. In my case I have the original tag receipt from Indiana - tag # 36 (my car was # 36 of the parade lap cars). I also have the original bill of sale from the dealer in Ohio that sold the car after the race.
If I had the money I could find out what celebrity rode in my car on the parade lap - the guy at Fiero Pace cars bought all the info from a guy that worked at the speedway but it costs $150 to get that info from him.
The biggest difference is that the door decals were in the right place, whereas with the other Indys the door decals were dealer installed (if the buyer wanted them), & they may not be in the exact same location.
I've started a thread twice at PFF looking for other documented Indys, but no one ever responded with such except for two folks that said they had seen one before. So I'm not sure if there are others that are truly documented or not.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Did you see this?  Less than $150, if it works.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2019, 07:42:46 pm »
Where is that $150 source?  I couldn't find it.

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2019, 06:50:02 pm »
Where is that $150 source?  I couldn't find it.
That was it. Rick (SuperchargedV6) bought all the info from a guy at the track. Hes was charging $150 for the info per car.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2019, 02:47:52 pm »
That was it. Rick (SuperchargedV6) bought all the info from a guy at the track. Hes was charging $150 for the info per car.

That would be Rick Borecky. I'm not even sure if he's still in the Fiero world.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2019, 06:21:04 pm »
I believe Ray Paulk was selling a lot of his stuff.