Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Tesla Model X  (Read 13821 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Tesla Model X
« on: August 12, 2019, 09:20:40 pm »
Well, the Fiero is a lightweight.  Supposedly, the model X is 5,400 pounds!  Actually, every source seemed to have different values for the weight.  Dang sure is an ugle car.  518HP, though.

The model X is thetesla of which I see many.  Likely not the same vehicles over and over.  I see them mostly on the side of the road, lately.  I'm not sure if the battery expired, or what.  In any case, red and white seem to be the predominant colors.

I stopped to help one, because it was still in the driving lane.  Apparently, if the battery dies, the doors do not open.  Real genius.

I got to wondering.  If I towed the tesla while the tesla was in gear, would the battery regeneratively charge, or only if they held the brake?

HarryT

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: Tesla Model X
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 01:10:59 am »
If its like a golf cart it regenerates as soon as you take your foot off the go pedal, regardless of whether the brake is applied or not.  You do not tow a golf cart  with regen without moving the tow / run switch to tow or you would damage the electronics.  I would think a Tesla would be the same except a whole lot more technical than a golf cart, not a toggle switch.
Harry
87  Black GT (The Little Black Car)
2009 Honda CR-V
X 2002  40' Allegro Bus X Traded
2008 Thor Four Winds Siesta 25SA
Retired Mechanic