Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: How do you identify Fiero strangers?  (Read 16036 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: How do you identify Fiero strangers?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2017, 04:59:39 pm »
All's well,  a New Friend /Member Assured me You all are not as I percived, I might be a bit Thin Skined, So Sorry and GTRS you are the Only One I reached out to to 'Splane what Happened but it went to the wrong Person. Maybe the Caretaker of the web site. But thanks again for the work you put in Hope to Meet and See all of you soon.

No worries.  OK, so now that that's cleared up, yes, this forum has a very different feel from PFF.  I guess it's easy to get used to the readers/fellow members being people you can be very comfortable with and forget that we don't all know each other.

The Caretaker silently sits and watches from on high... ;)

LOL!  That logon is still around, huh?  Good thing TopNotch has a sense of humor, just guessing where that message went.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 05:01:31 pm by GTRS Fiero »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2017, 05:04:56 pm »
It's difficult to convey voice inflection in print unless one has extensive command of the language and punctuation.  Emoticons help, sometimes but are limited in some aspects.

It does seem that we do have at least one clique, though.  Fortunately, everyone of us are part of it.  When I was President, I always felt bad that I didn't get to spend time with everyone at an event or meeting.  Maybe some thought I was snobby.  Still, maybe some may have been glad  I didn't get to them.

Heck.  When I host an event at my house, I don't always get to say more than ”Hi!” to some people.  Sometimes, I didn't even get to eat until afterward.  I think if everyone makes an effort to talk with people with whom they haven't spoken recently, everyone should be covered.  Of course, people need to be approachable, too.

From a newcomer's point of view, yes, I would like people hosting the event to at least acknowledge me.  The thing that really irritated me, was a show I entered, where comments were written in stating that my engine bay was ”disgusting”.  This was a Fiero show.  If they didn't want me to return to that show, they succeeded.  I had put a lot of effort into detailing the engine bay, but some things don't scrub off.  If a comment was needed, it could've been something more objective, rather than judgmental.

In the my case, we were basically told that we were in a different social class.  I bit my tongue, but I'm guessing my social class has less stress and more fun.  I don't know that the statement was directed specifically at my family, because a group of people were excluded, and we happened to be with that group.  My understanding was that this was a long-standing thing.  It led to developing friendships with the other ”outcasts”.  Of course, it could have just been a common misunderstanding.

Before I forget, let me apologize for all the things I have posted and will post, that just didn't come out right, and rubbed someone wrong.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 05:11:20 pm by GTRS Fiero »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2017, 05:10:45 pm »
    so in the Once on the Internet, Alway's on the internet train wreck, Can we find the post? Aka Challenge Fiero,Man I'm really Jacking this thread..... Sorry

The pics are still there, sized correctly.  THAT thread had gone considerably off topic, however.  If it can be retrieved, it may need some judicious editing.  IF the thread will stay this time, I'd be happy to see it return.  That looked to be an interesting project.

Oddly, we're on topic.  We're making friends of Fiero strangers.  We're overcoming.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2017, 05:41:42 pm »

We Shall Over come, Yea I hear that in my Head,   I do Like Gospel and Mississippi Blues though....Done to the Rocker side,  Ok About the Social side; Are You Kidding Me Snobs in cars that can be Had for 500 bucks, Get Over Your self Is what I would tell them. PRIDE In your Car Is where I stand. I work On some Restored Muscle cars for Larry Kizer, One of the Least Expensive cars he Owns Is a 65 427 Cobra Replica at about 35 Grand and though Not Snobby a bit Presumptus  Don't worry I've told him that! so a car that can be bought Running for 500.00 bucks and Made Perfect for a few Grand is My Style, And hell no It's not expensive so don't act like it, Of course I would own a Lotus Or some thing like that but someone would have to Give it to me, Just Knowing what a Fiero is and How Good they might have Become  is special . the number of Unmolested Fiero's IS dropping Fast, But The Number of them getting Back on the Road is Increasing . Count ME IN.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2017, 05:59:30 pm »
If you find a Fiero that can be made perfect for under $3,500, purchase price included, let me know.  I've seen some nice Fieros, but never a perfect Fiero, and never a nice Fiero for under $3,500

There are currently several Fieros on ebay for $15,xxx and up.  None perfect.  The $21,xxx Fiero on ebay is supposed to be a complete stock, rotisserie restoration.  It's a nice car, but I'd undo a lot that's been done to it (interior), and it has a lot of rust (bolts, axles, exhaust, dogbone, rear brakes, etc.) for 400 miles since the rebuild.  And the wheels are the wrong color.

It doesn't matter if someone drives a $2 million car.  They should still treat other people like human beings.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2017, 10:07:49 pm »
 Well yea I totally agree, Heck a good paint job goes for 10.grand nowday's,  But like a 69 428 Cobra jet mustang starts at 30 and needs 20 to 30 more invested, My Boss has 65 or 70 in his but it looks new, So you may get an Indy for 500 but it is going To need 20 put in it. But it is rare so worth it. Guess I was saying they are Inexpensive Buy In COMPARED to lots of Cars But didn't mean they were Cheap.

GrannyLinda

• I'm On The Right Track Baby, I WAS BORN THIS WAY !
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2017, 11:11:30 pm »
Our Paint Job On The 88 Coup Cost $ 1,300.00.
But It Took Them Forever To Get It Right.
I'm On The Right Track Baby !!!!
I WAS BORN THIS WAY !!!!

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2019, 10:31:05 pm »
Driving down the highway, I thought I saw a Fiero heading the other way, but couldn't really tell (divided highway, tractor-trailers, different levels, and other traffic).  A while later, there was a Fiero behind me.  Same guy.  He has fixed headlights, on a yellow Fiero.  Some body mods.  I think he has a supercharger, but could have been mistaken.