Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Invitation To Our Ladies  (Read 15082 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Invitation To Our Ladies
« on: January 14, 2019, 10:00:52 pm »
In the January Meeting thread, mention was made of getting our ladies to return to meetings and events.  Several have been talking on the sidelines today and we've come up with an idea.

Because we will not be doing a St. Patrick's Day Parade this year, the March 9th meeting will be a Lady's Day.  We want everyone to bring their Wife, Girlfriend, (but not both), Sister, Friend, Mother, Daughter, or maybe even your Grandmother.  We want the ladies to get to know one another and the rest of the members.  We understand that the ladies may not attend because they might feel that they would be the only woman in the group.  It's understood that they may not be interested in Technical Workshop Days. 

Having sat at the long table and enjoyed a good meal with everyone and become acquainted, we would like to invite you to come with us on a leisurely ride in North Georgia as we do the Don Hulse Memorial Cruise on April 13th.  Don't worry about getting car sick.  This cruise isn't a RFTH but will be a leisurely drive through North Georgia, starting in Dawsonville and ending in Dahlonega for a good sit-down lunch at The Smith House.

Husbands, Boyfriends, Granddads, you have a month and a half till the March meeting.  It's up to you to make this happen since most if any of the ladies don't read our forum.  Invite some of your friends who drive other vehicles to join us. 

« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 09:52:13 am by Fierofool »
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Invitation To Our Ladies
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 07:45:04 am »
This is a GREAT idea, says he whose wife does not read this forum.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 06:16:14 pm »
Bump on this, for more than 12 people.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 06:37:23 pm »
I believe I counted 17 people, so a good showing.  I believe 7 ladies attended.

My wife and daughter enjoyed themselves.  My wife said Mrs. DeShoe even sits like a southern lady.  Apparently, they had a good conversation.

Slyp

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 12:29:58 pm »
Was she talking about me or my wife????  The only this that is southern about her is that she is from South Australia...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 02:58:42 pm by DeShoe »

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 05:07:27 pm »
I'm happy that the ladies all decided to join us.
I still felt like they didn't have a great deal to "do", or ways to interact. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 05:48:39 pm »
Was she talking about me or my wife????  The only this that is southern about her is that she is from South Australia...

Yes, your wife.  She is southern, now.  My wife is from Malaysia, but is American, now.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 06:07:41 pm »
I'm happy that the ladies all decided to join us.
I still felt like they didn't have a great deal to "do", or ways to interact.

First of all, my wife had a good time.  No complaints. That having been said, I could agree.  Knowing less about the people than anyone else, this was difficult, but I tried to explain about various people on the way there.  In a way, my wife knew a fair amount about all the men there, with the exception of Richard.  I did not have any info to pass on about the ladies.  I guess it's our responsibility to find conversation topics, or interests the ladies may share.  Any ideas?

I guess I'm at fault.  Somehow, I did not learn much about the ladies.  Although I spoke with everyone, some topics did not come up.  I only really got to greet the people on the ends of the table.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2019, 06:18:08 pm »
As I think of it, maybe we should ask the ladies who attended.  There!  That's my idea.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2019, 07:18:01 pm »
Well, last year, we did this.  Not sure what all the ladies thought of it, or of this is a possibility for a repeat.