Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Need dimensions of old worn Stock and KYB rear strut housings for KONI inserts  (Read 15750 times)

NoobKevin

• View Profile
Sorry for the delay. I can try again to change them out. I ran into difficulty with the bolts. They are rusted tightly but I have upgraded my impact wrench since then. May be a couple weeks. Will that be okay?

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
PB Blaster is your friend.

mweldon

• View Profile
YMMV but I've had better luck with a 1:1 ratio of ATF and Acetone and time in a spray bottle over PB.  I've had the best luck with a MAPP gas torch to heat the bolt if it still won't go.   

Within a couple weeks would be great!

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
Hey Marc you can have a set of struts off of one of the parts cars if you want to come pull them. You need to come pick up the rest of your parts anyway...  ;D
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

mweldon

• View Profile
NoobKevin,

Any updates on the struts?  got them off yet.. need a hand with them?  I just got my weld on koni strut insert adapters and gland nut from a shop in Australia so I'm ready to see if I can convert our stock struts to a double adjustable set of yellow koni's.

Paul, just PM'd you...

NoobKevin

• View Profile
PM did not come in. That's odd. I have been a road warrior for work and have not tried the new impact wrench. I will see what can be done this week. I probably should not have said anything until I had them off. I am sorry.

mweldon

• View Profile
PM did not come in. That's odd. I have been a road warrior for work and have not tried the new impact wrench. I will see what can be done this week. I probably should not have said anything until I had them off. I am sorry.

No worries man.... life get's in the way...  if you do need a hand with getting them off let me know...I can help...

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Don't let life get in the way this Saturday.  Both of you come to the meeting.  Then we and you know what everyone looks like. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

NoobKevin

• View Profile
I was not able to remove the old struts. My daily driver is broken down with likely a warped head so I am unwilling to do anything to the Fiero for now. I am sincerely sorry I said anything as I feel I have led you on. I can loan you a new one if that helps. They are strapped to keep the piston from fully extending.

mweldon

• View Profile
Still no worries man... I've got enough stuff stacked up on this swap I've got plenty to do.... just ping me when you swap them out or hit me up if you need a hand getting your old ones off..