Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Window sticker  (Read 16886 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Window sticker
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2018, 06:28:56 pm »
Here it is.  I blacked out the RPO codes, for now.  Maybe I could put this in the window at car shows.

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 07:09:45 am »
I'll see if I can find my original. I have it somewhere. Still have to get all of the Christmas stuff back into the barn! Too cold! I have a file with all of my Fiero stuff in it behind everything.
You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2018, 10:41:40 am »
...  I blacked out the RPO codes, for now.

Why?

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2018, 05:23:59 pm »
Purely selfish reasons.  My Fiero won't be in public until August, most likely.  There will be many shows with Fieros, by then.  I don't want to always be last to show an idea.  I worked on this, off and on, for almost 2 years.  It isn't finished, yet.

Remember those orange balls people used to put on their antenna, to help them locate their car?  That worked great, for the first person.  I work very hard on my Fiero, and want to have something to show for my efforts.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2018, 09:46:31 pm »
Purely selfish reasons.  My Fiero won't be in public until August, most likely.  There will be many shows with Fieros, by then.  I don't want to always be last to show an idea.  I worked on this, off and on, for almost 2 years.  It isn't finished, yet.

Remember those orange balls people used to put on their antenna, to help them locate their car?  That worked great, for the first person.  I work very hard on my Fiero, and want to have something to show for my efforts.

That's cool. Personally, I'm not motivated enough to plagiarize someone's work.
I'm barely motivated at all, as it is. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2018, 11:14:49 pm »
I don't know that anyone would, but this is a public forum.  I'd like to have something new for my Fiero.  I had mixed feelings about posting that at all, but I wanted to perfect it before August.  Maybe it'll inspire someone else to do something similar.

This was part of a larger project.  I've been lacking in motivation, myself.  I had a lot of time waiting, so I made some progress, but am frustrated with some other portions of the project.  I wish someone would copy what I'm trying to do, implement it, and let me copy them, but several other people had the same idea, and none of them completed their work.  Mine is a bit different, but I found out why they stopped.

Roger

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2018, 07:55:43 am »
...  I blacked out the RPO codes, for now.

Why?
I've still got one of those orange balls. It has a '76' on it. One of the old Union gas station plugs. That, and an old Tiger keychain from Esso. Ahh, the good old days when you could get 100 octane (looong before they had ethanol) for 27 cents a gallon.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2018, 08:22:18 am »
Well, I'd like gas to go back to $0.27/gal, and the ethanol to go away.  I don't know that 100 octane would be good for my engines, though.  I only remember $0.87/gal for gas.

Roger

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2018, 12:55:24 pm »
When I was feeling rich I'd get some Sunoco 104 at 29 cents per gal. Now you talk about getting some power, easy starts and smooth running! When you had a tailpipe that was white on the inside, you knew you had it tuned right.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2020, 08:05:47 pm »
I'd forgotten about this.  People saw the sticker, but no one commented.