Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Can someone tow my fiero to my highschool for me  (Read 3312 times)

Cdepoy84

• View Profile
Can someone tow my fiero to my highschool for me
« on: August 18, 2021, 08:37:33 am »
 Ive been dying to start my fiero build but unfortunately I haven't really been able to work on it at home. I can jack it up and get under it but Im a bigger sized man and I can barely fit under it. With me knowing that I've been trying to get it moved to my schools auto shop so I can put It on a lift as well as have a lot more tools at my disposal. The only issue is I've been having a hard time finding someone to move it to my school. I'm willing to pay.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Can someone tow my fiero to my highschool for me
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2021, 08:51:46 am »
Cash, I have a tow dolly that belongs to one of our members.  It's what was intended to move the Project Car over to your school.  Unless the owner tells me otherwise, one of our other members can come get it and move both vehicles. 

I don't know what you might be using to jack up your car, but please don't get underneath it while it's jacked up with the provided automotive jack.  That jack is only intended to be used for changing tires.  Recently a new (1 year) Fiero owner was crushed to death.  It is unknown what jack he was using, but the Fiero jack is suspect.  The thread is in this section under Indiana Fiero Owner Killed.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Cdepoy84

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 11:17:49 am »
I am using a 2 ton jack stand as well as a 2 ton jack to get the car off the ground. Also if we could do that I would be beyond grateful.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2021, 09:57:16 pm »
I have 2 dogs that I can't leave alone for an hour.  I have to plan ahead to find 1 of 3 available sitters that are open.  I have to plan ahead and last minute scheduling usually doesn't work for them.  Also, I have 2 fresh incisions in my lower back.  I can't be doing strenuous stuff. 

Some of the other club members will have to do the moving.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers