Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Bob Holtz RIP  (Read 516 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Bob Holtz RIP
« on: February 16, 2022, 11:25:18 pm »
Those of you who've been around the club for a while and participated in RFTH events will remember Bob Holtz, formerly with the Micigan group.  He drove a beautiful blue notchie with graphics on the side.  The last time he participated in RFTH, he drove his Mini Cooper.  I believe that was the last time we stayed in Gatlinburg. 

Something that I will always remember about Bob.  He drove one of his Fieros all the way from Michigan to drive in Run For The Hills.  I believe it was to be his first time.  We were based in Dahlonega that year. 

He arrived at the Days Inn and later drove up the street to the McDonald's to get a bite to eat before retiring for the night.  One of the customers was simply enamored with his Fiero and made an offer for the car.  I don't know what the offer was, but it apparently was too good to turn down.  Bob had no way of getting back to Michigan from Dahlonega and for that reason didn't want to sell it.  The man told him he'd pay him cash, pick him up at the hotel the next morning, drive him to the Atlanta airport and buy his plane ticket home.  SOLD! and Bob didn't get to do the run that year, but he returned for many future runs.   

Bob Holtz passed on February 9. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 11:32:08 pm by Fierofool »
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

scottb

• View Profile
Re: Bob Holtz RIP
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 08:30:52 am »
If that's who I think it is....... wow. My condolences to his family

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 09:13:02 am »

Great obit.  Nice memory.
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

AJ_87Fiero

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 02:29:16 pm »
Those of you who've been around the club for a while and participated in RFTH events will remember Bob Holtz, formerly with the Micigan group.  He drove a beautiful blue notchie with graphics on the side.  The last time he participated in RFTH, he drove his Mini Cooper.  I believe that was the last time we stayed in Gatlinburg. 

Something that I will always remember about Bob.  He drove one of his Fieros all the way from Michigan to drive in Run For The Hills.  I believe it was to be his first time.  We were based in Dahlonega that year. 

He arrived at the Days Inn and later drove up the street to the McDonald's to get a bite to eat before retiring for the night.  One of the customers was simply enamored with his Fiero and made an offer for the car.  I don't know what the offer was, but it apparently was too good to turn down.  Bob had no way of getting back to Michigan from Dahlonega and for that reason didn't want to sell it.  The man told him he'd pay him cash, pick him up at the hotel the next morning, drive him to the Atlanta airport and buy his plane ticket home.  SOLD! and Bob didn't get to do the run that year, but he returned for many future runs.   

So sorry to hear that, thank you for updating the group. Praying for strength for his family.   :(

That is a great story! May he drive around Heaven in a fast top-down blue chariot!
87 Fiero Coupe

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 02:54:49 pm »
May he rest in peace.
Was it prophetic that we had a blue car on the t-shirt design that year?

The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 04:34:39 pm »

I remember when he sold that car. I believe it was an 88 duke coupe. Probably as nicely done as all his other cars were.

Bob was a good guy. First time I met him was at the 20th. He was in front of the hotel in Pontiac, helping to organize the arrivals.
I was very surprised to hear that he had left us. Seemed awfully young...

fiero128

• Giday from Aussie land
    • View Profile
    • http://hawkesburyhydrogen.com
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2022, 01:31:10 am »
this is so sad
the way to live for ever hasn't been found yet
as the cells reproduce the efficiency deceases and finally the cell reproduction is so bad or inefficient it no longer helps the body stay alive
Hawkesbury Hydrogen
More Km perTank
saving money
ABN 98866913657
+61412119530
+61448119310
+61245672275