Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Who wants to go spectate the World of Wheels car show this Saturday 1-22 ?  (Read 16874 times)

Fiero GTB

• I don't drive much, but when I do I drive my Fiero
    • View Profile
If you're interested in going, I can make arrangements for club members to park in my building's gated garage with 24/7 roving security guards. I am in a high-rise on West Peachtree St, directly across the street from the Arts Center subway station, so we can take the train and save downtown parking fees at the World Congress Center.

If you are interested in going, please RSVP to me right away at 308GTB(at)Comcast(dot)net so we can work out a time to meet up.

The show runs Saturday, Jan. 22 from 11am - 10pm.

There are a couple of very flexible options:

We could all meet at my place at 10:30 am and get there right as the gates open at 11.

Then, if you want lunch a little later, I'm sure there will be plenty of vendors offering hot dogs, etc. at the show, which is fine by me.

You then would have the option of staying until everyone gets hungry again and after picking up our cars, all rendezvous back at the Galaxy Diner for dinner together ... or you could head on home.

Or... we could show up at my garage at 1:00pm, after lunch on your own, stay a bit later at the show, and have the option of meeting up at the Galaxy for dinner ... or just going straight home.

Please let me know your preference in your e-mail to me, so we can lock this down.

Here's the event Web site:

http://www.autorama.com/casi/show/spectator/atlanta.php

Best,

Tim S
308GTB(at)comcast(dot)net

Every time my GPS says, "Your ETA is...,"
   I hear, "Your Time to Beat is..."

Rat Pee 86

Tim,

I'd like to go.  I'm up for the 1:00pm meet up at your place with dinner at Galaxy Diner later.  E-mail me at tomott2007@gmail.com .

Tom

Rat Pee 86

Tim,

I don't know why that almost everytime I try to plan to do something, something else crops up to change those plans.  That said. it looks like I can't make it to World of Wheels, sorry. Bummer, it sounds like fun.  Chip Foose from the TV show Overhaulin' is gonna be there this weekend, too.

Tom

Fiero GTB

• View Profile
BREAKING NEWS!  RatPee86 (Tom O) just won 2 extra free tickets on a radio call-in show. First two to respond to me get 'em!  $16 each value.

Rat Pee 86

YESSS  !!!!!! ;D

As mentioned by Timm in the above post, I NOW am going to be able to go to W.O.W., AND.....I just won 4 admission tix, so the first 2 folks who respond here can go with us courtesy of Rock 100 !!  We will ride MARTA to the GWCC after parking at Tim's condo by the Arts Center MARTA station.  Hope to see you (whoever) there on Saturday.

Tom Ott

88_4mula

You did good. I been trying my self, except on 97.1 the river.
I'll take one please.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, I bought one at O'Reilly's before your msg. came up. They're $14 at O'Reilly's instead of $16, so at least I saved a couple of bucks.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 04:42:24 pm by TopNotch »
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Fiero GTB

• View Profile
Okay, that accounts for both free tickets.  88Formula and TopNotch, do you both plan on parking at my place at 1:00 PM?  Tim S

Rat Pee 86

Now I'm confused,

Pat, you said you bought a ticket at O'Reilly's, so you DON'T need one, right ? ???

Tom

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
That's right.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

88_4mula

Re: Who wants to go spectate the World of Wheels car show this Saturday 1-22 ?
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 04:25:26 pm »
It sound like a plan.
According to the latest e-mail, be at Tims around 10:30~11:00.
Yes? Good. See ya there.

Fiero GTB

• View Profile
Re: Who wants to go spectate the World of Wheels car show this Saturday 1-22 ?
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 05:27:59 pm »
Let's say be at my garage at 10:30 a.m. tomorrow.

Tim
cell 4 0 4  Eight 1 Five, 7 Seven 1 Five