Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: How many felt the earthquake?  (Read 15041 times)

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
How many felt the earthquake?
« on: August 23, 2011, 11:48:34 pm »
I was working on the computer putting up the new page with the "Slide & Lock" fender vents (no bodywork).  I heard a "thump thump thump thump" & the building shook & the monitor bobbled around. I thought someone was outside screwing with something or trying to steal something & went out to check it out. Not long after I heard about the quake & put it together.
I had always heard about the east coast having solid rock & that quakes traveled all over but never felt one before. They say a 7+ quake in New York or up the Mississippi (the river is a fault) will break windows in Atlanta.  Of course all those idiots up north ran outside: they're lucky it wasn't worse the windows crashing down would be the most dangerous part...
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

BTW the fender vent page is here - just some info on the developement: http://angelonearth.net/customfiberglass/SlideInFenderVents.html

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: How many felt the earthquake?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 08:09:30 am »
I was in my car in a parking deck at Northside Hospital when it happened.  I heard the first calls that came in from Lawrenceville and Dacula to WSB Radio, telling them they had felt it.  Parking decks feel like perpetual earthquakes anyway, so I didn't know it.  They had reports from Georgia all the way to Rhode Island. 

I think everyone should evacuate to Nebraska before the East Coast slides into the Atlantic. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

jwrape

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 08:27:18 am »
My Dad felt it in Monroe. I knew about it cause here at work our entire Eastern Network lit up BRIGHT Red (AT&T Wireless) and we had hundred of thousands of failures. Luckily I got to leave work 30 minutes after it happened to go home. It was a long day for the next shift.
86GT Automaic 2.8L, 05, G35, 96 MZ3

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 09:45:24 am »
I was in my car in a parking deck at Northside Hospital when it happened.  I heard the first calls that came in from Lawrenceville and Dacula to WSB Radio, telling them they had felt it.  Parking decks feel like perpetual earthquakes anyway, so I didn't know it.  They had reports from Georgia all the way to Rhode Island. 

I think everyone should evacuate to Nebraska before the East Coast slides into the Atlantic.
We should all buy land on the west shore of the Mississippi so that when the east coast slides into the Atlantic we'll have beach property. :D
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts