Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: WTB- Light grey A-piller for the drivers side.  (Read 19580 times)

Donster

• View Profile
Re: WTB- Light grey A-piller for the drivers side.
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 10:33:19 am »
don all i have is the a-pillars. are you trying to keep from painting the pieces?

We are converting Shanine's from the tan to the grey interior, and all I have is the light grey, wanted to go dark grey, so I need all of them

\D
Life is good!

oldone

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 07:13:36 pm »
if you have light grey redraif is looking for light grey drivers side "a" pillar.
the world is a sh t sandwich and everyday is another little bite

redraif

• View Profile
    • Indy SE #770 "Stormtrooper Edition"
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 02:28:36 pm »
Ok I thought I had a dove grey pillar but it died... :( 

So Since fiero store has the paint now... I will order dash caps from them and paint them and have paint left for any color A pillar if a dove one can't be found... :D

Thought I was going to make it to the junk yard, but it was not to be.  I don't think I could ahve stood this recent cold snap! Geez! 

Also if anyone has b-pillars from a speaker equipt car... I'm going to convert some not so perfect dove ones (saving the best ones so i can convert back) and use the speaker equip ones as a template.  I would want to use the speaker grills and the trim ring that holds the speaker in the car...  Do a little light surgery to the metal with a dremel and fit in the later model trim ring... :D

I will be at the overhaulin if anyone is going that has the parts.  We can swap there???
1984 Modified Indy Fiero SE #770 "StormTrooper Edition"

Drag DR-34s
Frt: 225/45, 18x8, 39 offset , 84 WS6 springs -1.5 coils
Rear: 265/35, 18x8.5, 45 offset,  Coil-overs:  10 inch 300lb springs & 7 inch sleeve

Crash 86GT

• Me and my Friends
    • View Profile
    • East Tennessee Fiero Club
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 09:22:09 pm »
If you look me up on facebook, I have a bunch of picture on there that I still have at my shop in storage. I'm listed as Rob Finley or RobsFieros.
President of East Tennessee Fiero Club

redraif

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2012, 11:14:20 am »
I will definately do that... u in TN?  We have a cheer competition in tn at some point... ugh... patty just said in april. 

Drag DR-34s
Rear: 265/35, 18x8.5, 45 offset,  Coil-overs:  10 inch 300lb springs & 7 inch sleeve

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2012, 04:19:06 pm »
Shannon, I saw the notation about the silver door skins.  There is something different about the 84 doors that keeps later model door .......... something or other from being a direct swap over.  I don't remember if it's the outer skin or the inside door panel.  Donster has made the total swap, so he might be able to que you in on the differences.  Just be aware before putting too much time and money into a piece that might not fit when installed.  Maybe a trial fit first. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

redraif

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2012, 06:10:38 pm »
It has something to do with when in 84 the car was build.  Half year got its own style and the other half the later style.  I plan to look up the pics from my dew wipe swap to see how my skins attach.  Honestly I used fierohohos write up and I don't remember things being different, so im hoping I have the later year doors.  Worst case I have later doors in the attic that are power everything but they have one side that has no gfx.  I could use his skins on them.  Then I would have all power.  Only bad thing is I have not tested them.  They have bad tint and the windows are as scarred as mine. But I will verify first!  Thank u.

Drag DR-34s

Donster

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2012, 06:13:31 pm »
The lip at the top is different and the mounting/riveting points on the underside are different.
You can still make them fit if you drill small holes in the bottom, which has no bearing on the looks, but it's just not original.

Shannon knows I have door panels for her if she wants them ;D

\D

Edit to add: The Indy model is actually the same for the entire year of 1984, don't think the doors ever changed, only on the coupe
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 06:15:50 pm by Donster »
Life is good!