Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: here is the car i bought  (Read 19053 times)

cogcaviz24

• View Profile
    • Facebook
here is the car i bought
« on: November 24, 2008, 03:04:26 pm »

RobsFieros

• View Profile
    • East Tennessee Fiero Club
Re: here is the car i bought
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 06:16:57 pm »
That's a great looking car. I've got a good passengers seat just like that if you need one, I think all you have to do is switch the skins over to the drivers seat. I'll check with Reese and see what he wants for it if you want it.
Robert Finley
President-East Tennessee Fiero Club
Member- Georgia Fiero Club
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

cogcaviz24

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 06:27:01 pm »
very good looking car for $1800. the passenger seat it pretty good, it's the driver's that has some tears in it(no surprise). the other issue are the driver headlight motor constantly turns(which i unplugged from the relay), an exhaust leak, some interior pieces need to be replaced, brakes are soft, could use an alignment, tune up,and some other minor stuff.

my main goal is to get it run and driving right, then maybe some light customizations

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 10:36:19 pm »
Not bad at all.  Looks just like one of the 4 in my driveway.  If you go to the home page and at the top click on the RFTH 13 link, you'll see it in the middle, in front of the waterfall.

First word of caution:  with the weather we've had the past few nights, especially north of you, the Fiero isn't a snow or ice car.  It'll turn around with you in a heartbeat if you hit a slick spot.  I did it at about 70MPH going down I-85.  Just a little bobble, then a 180 in the center of 5 lanes.  KWAPP.  Clean my drawers.

Now that you've got one, come out and join us on the 13th.  Let us know if you'll make the party, and how many.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

cogcaviz24

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 06:25:58 am »
i should be able to make it to the next meet. funds pending of course

funny you mentioned losing traction. i've tried to get it to break loose but i cant, even a little. maybe the engine needs a little messaging.

RobsFieros

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 08:20:58 am »
Now you need a parts car. Nobody can have just one. I know your passenger seat is good but you can take the skin off another seat and put it on your drivers seat and have two good seats. If you go to the Christmas Party get someone to tell you how to rebuild the headlight motors, it only cost about $5.00 to rebuild one.
Robert Finley
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

cogcaviz24

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 02:07:47 pm »
can anyone tell me the best way to route a cable from the battery to an amp. i couldnt find a good get in the cab of the car

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 05:06:21 pm »
i should be able to make it to the next meet. funds pending of course

funny you mentioned losing traction. i've tried to get it to break loose but i cant, even a little. maybe the engine needs a little messaging.

I don't know what happened to my previous post.  I replied to you before I went to North Carolina this morning.  So, here goes again.

Many have described the Fiero as handling like "a gokart on rails."  That's a good description.  But break the rear end loose in a curve and "it handles like a puck in a fast-paced game of air hockey." 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

RobsFieros

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 06:29:42 pm »
Open the ash tray doors and remove the ash trays, then remove the 4 screws in each corner where the ash trays were, then unscew the shifter knob and remove the shift surround. Then you'll have to remove the 2 screws in the front of the center console/glove box and the 2 screws inside the glove box. You might have to remove the 3 screws holding the window switches down in order to lift the console out without breaking the tips. When you lift the console up you'll have to reach underneath and unplug the cigarette lighter. After you done you should be able to see he computer and just above it is the wiring harness from the engine compartment. You can drill a hole just below the wiring harness into the engine compartment to run your wire.
Robert Finley
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

cogcaviz24

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 06:50:06 pm »
Open the ash tray doors and remove the ash trays, then remove the 4 screws in each corner where the ash trays were, then unscew the shifter knob and remove the shift surround. Then you'll have to remove the 2 screws in the front of the center console/glove box and the 2 screws inside the glove box. You might have to remove the 3 screws holding the window switches down in order to lift the console out without breaking the tips. When you lift the console up you'll have to reach underneath and unplug the cigarette lighter. After you done you should be able to see he computer and just above it is the wiring harness from the engine compartment. You can drill a hole just below the wiring harness into the engine compartment to run your wire.

you sir, are the man. thank you. i will give it a try asap
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 06:52:05 pm by cogcaviz24 »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 07:50:30 pm »
If you and Robbie don't make a deal on a seat cover, one of our members down here has a set of original leather/suede seats from an 86GT.  They don't have any rips or tears in them, but they could stand a little cleaning.  I think he's asking $200 for the pair.  I believe 86 was the only year that had the suede seats.

If you drill a hole through the bulkhead, be sure to drill one large enough to put a grommet insulator into it to protect the wire.  Check inside and outside in the engine bay to make sure you aren't drilling through wiring hidden inside the bulkhead.  Some have used the cable area to insert a wire through, using the cable grommet as the insulator.  The manual cars have 2 rubber grommets, one on each cable.  The automatic should only use one cable, so there may be an extra unused rubber plug about 1 1/2 inches in diameter that you could insert your wire through. 

cogcaviz24

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 06:27:43 am »
the seat is not on the top of the list of things to do to this car. i will be focusing on the the car's functionality first. the seat serves it's purpose, although the passenger is much more comfortable. no, an amp or stereo isn't necessary for most, but i gots to have my tunes :) 

RobsFieros

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 07:55:44 am »
Did the car come out with the performance sound package? If so it'll have a slide button in the middle of the dome light switches that says performance sound.
Robert Finley
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

RobsFieros

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 08:29:36 am »
You know, that car kinda looks like a trophy car to me. What do you think Charlie?
Robert Finley
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2008, 01:18:35 pm »
The way Ray has been winning trophies with his, and the close similarity, I'd say so.