Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Emissions?  (Read 18444 times)

Tinton

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: Emissions?
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 03:27:16 pm »

Are you being sarcastic? lol.

And I guess I'll get in touch with Don and see what he says.

Didn't mean to be. I live in Paulding. Barely. I can throw a rock and hit Douglas County.
I was thinking you lived in Bartow or further north. Forgot how far Paulding extended.

I have a Rodney cat if you want to buy it. Only a few hundred miles on it.
As for the missing EGR, you might get away with out it. Back your timing off a few degrees, and add a gallon of Naphtha to a tank of premium gas. My 4.9 had EGR, which the Allante intake deleted. It still passed, using the methods above.
There are tons of "failed with high NOX" (i.e. bad EGR) threads on Pennocks.

If your ECM is still tuned for EGR, that's a whole 'nother issue.

Why I'd like to register it in such a way that I can just register it again in a month or something and not need emissions. A friend of mine says it should work.

Tinton

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013, 03:17:22 pm »
It worked, just like Don said it would. I didn't register it in 2012, just went up there with my title yesterday and asked to register the car. All they cared about was that its 2013 and the car's an '88. My birthday being only 3 weeks ago didn't matter.

For anyone who wants to register a '88 and didn't do it in 2012, you can probably do the same thing. You won't need to get it passed 1 last time.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2013, 04:44:39 pm »
Good show! I'm happy that it worked out for you. Based on what I read, I didn't think it would, but it appears I misunderstood. (Or Paulding just doesn't care.)
I'm guessing you had to pay a $10 late fee... right?

Tinton

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2013, 09:48:15 pm »
Good show! I'm happy that it worked out for you. Based on what I read, I didn't think it would, but it appears I misunderstood. (Or Paulding just doesn't care.)
I'm guessing you had to pay a $10 late fee... right?

Yeah but that's nothing compared to buying emissions equipment just to get it passed for 1 more year ;D