Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Thanks for the help on my Fiero today!  (Read 16548 times)

ggfoster

• View Profile
Thanks for the help on my Fiero today!
« on: March 09, 2013, 10:29:15 pm »
Hi it's Garrison, I was the "new guy" today haha. Just wanted to say thank you to everybody for helping me fix my car. I did plan to arrive on time...obviously THAT didn't happen, but I got to learn something new. Silver lining. Anyway, I appreciate all the help today and I apologize in advance if I forget anyone's name and have to ask again in the future. Will be glad to see you all again at the next meeting.

On a second note, dues were mentioned. How is it that I pay those? Thanks!

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks for the help on my Fiero today!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 11:38:27 pm »
Garrison. You can just give me cash. :D
Just kidding.

If you have Paypal, there is a link on our home page. "Club Merchandise". There is an option to pay club dues, there.
As an alternative, I would imagine that you can bring cash or a check to the next meeting.
The Secretary/Treasurer is Linda Swayne. The little lady with the razor sharp wit.

Welcome aboard. I'm glad that we (Well... Don) could get your car back in running order.
Take care!

Steve <Raydar>

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 08:58:08 am by TopNotch »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 11:52:34 pm »
Glad you made it to the meeting and happy to have you among us.  I think that today you see what Fiero people are about, especially Don Hulse.  Keep us updated on problems and progress.  Let us know if we can help you with repair or parts.

Charlie
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fiero GTB

• I don't drive much, but when I do I drive my Fiero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 07:30:33 pm »
WHAT?  A Fiero breaking down on the way to a club meeting?

Whoever heard of such nonsense!  This must be a first...    ha-ha-ha-ha... welcome to the club, Garrison, you have passed your initiation ceremony!

Sorry I was not there to meet you at your first meeting...  this is a totally wonderful group of helpful people, and I think you'll enjoy the events!

Best,

Fiero GTB
Every time my GPS says, "Your ETA is...,"
   I hear, "Your Time to Beat is..."

ggfoster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 08:00:07 pm »
@Raydar Thanks. I'll be sure to bring it to the meeting.

@Fierofool I'll keep you guys posted as best I can, but I'm worried if I start posting about all the problems with this car, there won't be any room left on forum haha

@Fiero GTB Yeah that's pretty much what everyone else said lol. I'll meet you next time hopefully!

GrannyLinda

• I'm On The Right Track Baby, I WAS BORN THIS WAY !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 10:03:48 am »
I Am Just Glad You Made
It Home OK.   
I'm On The Right Track Baby !!!!
I WAS BORN THIS WAY !!!!

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 09:02:18 pm »
Give us an update.  Did you get a new grease seal installed?  How did the car run going home?  Any overheating issues or problems with the wheel bearing?  Fiero minds want to know. 

This message was sent from my 6 year old Dell Dimensions 2350 Desktop PC with the Cathode Ray Tube Monitor.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 09:03:53 pm by Fierofool »

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 07:00:42 pm »
Today, Scott Brown and I visited Pull A Part in Lithonia.  This flat black 87 base coupe was on the lot.  Recognizeable by the "F" Bomb decal above the gas filler door, and by the insurance card inside the car.  The one Aerodonamic rebuilt the front caliper on, in the back of the Diner parking lot. 

Scott and I pulled a complete Generation 2 headlight system, new front shocks, new rear struts, new rear calipers and pads, new rear brake hoses, new emergency brake cables, new rear rotors, new Isuzu shift cable, new slave cylinder, and a host of other items from the car.  There was probably more money in new parts on the car than what Pull A Part paid for it. 

scottb

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 09:58:26 am »
replaced the front shocks yesterday. I am glad we found these as the shocks that came off of my car had NO rebound whatsoever. I compressed them when I pulled them off and they are still compressed this morning. Now, who wants to change out the struts?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 01:45:32 pm »
As quickly and easily as you got those struts out of there, you should have no problems swapping them into your 86.  Mark the location of strut to knuckle, and get yourself a pair of NAPA adjustable camber bolts for the install.