Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 30th Anniversary caravanning  (Read 17083 times)

CowsPatoot

• View Profile
30th Anniversary caravanning
« on: April 19, 2013, 01:43:22 am »
I know it is a little early to plan...but...

Sharon and I will be driving up on Thursday morning, and coming back Sunday evening.  We will be towing the convertible, which means the trailer can be used as an emergency backup plan should anyone else have car problems.  Colin will most likely be traveling with us.

If others are going the same days, I would be happy to join up/split off in Knoxville.  What route are you guys going to be taking?  75 to 24 to 65 or 75 to 74?  Or will you guys be running up through Nashville?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 07:51:35 pm by CowsPatoot »

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 30th Anniversary caravanning
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 10:54:27 am »
I'm leaving Thursday morning. I want to take the most direct route, no messing around, to get there with plenty of daylight left.
From my house, that would be the I-75-24-65 route. Is there a convenient place to meet on that route?
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 07:45:00 am »
Pat, have you made contact with Daryl?  He wanted to drive along with others on the way up there.  There is also an email in the club email from a man wanting to know if anyone is going up.  He wants to drive along with others. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

CowsPatoot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 08:13:33 pm »
I'm leaving Thursday morning. I want to take the most direct route, no messing around, to get there with plenty of daylight left.
From my house, that would be the I-75-24-65 route. Is there a convenient place to meet on that route?

Apparently I typoed the route in my first post...it is corrected now.  With that route, there really isn't a place that I can meet up with you.  I will hit 75 further north than 24.  Technically I could meet you in Louiville on 65...but probably not worth trying to coordinate for just the last 100 miles of the trip.

My current plan is to leave around 9am here....take the back roads to 75 in Corbin, KY (ETA 1:45), then take 75 to 64 to 65 (ETA in Louiville, KY would be 4:00)...then arrive at the hotel around 5:45.  I would leave earlier, but the NC crew will be meeting here, so I need to give them time to get here without leaving at crazy hours.

kett48

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 08:35:34 pm »
My name is Paul and I will be leaving Thursday morning for Indy with my black 88 Formula. Can I caravan with you? Please give me a call before Wed at 678 200-4101

CowsPatoot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 10:01:03 pm »
My name is Paul and I will be leaving Thursday morning for Indy with my black 88 Formula. Can I caravan with you? Please give me a call before Wed at 678 200-4101

Of course you can....which group did you want to join, and where did you want to meet?

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 01:32:32 am »
I'm planning to leave at ~9:00 AM Thursday. My wife is flying in from Seattle that morning as well, and I want to make sure she's on the ground before I head out, so my time may be subject to change. 
I talked with Don a couple of days ago. Apparently Darrell is going to head out on Thursday morning as well.
I'm sure that he will want to meet up with the group. I'd like to as well, depending...

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 09:20:59 am »
For those who want to caravan with me, I plan to stop at the Quick Trip at exit 306 on I-75 (Adairsville) sometime between 9 and 9:30 AM. This will be a good  place to top off after navigating up past Atlanta.
I plan to leave there no later than 9:30, but traffic could mess that plan up.
Bring a FRS radio, set to Channel 7.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 02:41:46 pm »
I guess this needs to be asked...
How fast is everyone comfortable driving?
I usually drive about ten over. Fast enough to make good time, but slow enough that it won't attract any unwanted attention, especially if other traffic is doing the same.
(The GSP was actually quoted for a statement that, on I-20 in West GA, where the speed limit is 70, they won't bother people unless they're doing 82 or better. Take that info for what it cost you.)

kett48

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2013, 09:56:25 pm »
I will try to be at the Quick trip at 9:30 . I am in Cummings Ga. I would prefer going no faster than 70 mph as my tires are 20 yrs old. Yea I know !

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 03:41:56 pm »
Well, I got to the Quick Trip 45 minutes late, due partly to a problem at home, and partly to bad traffic. No other Fieros were there, so I hope any who went that way made it OK. So far, I've seen Aerodon , Darryl, Radar (and his wife), Cowspatoot, whiteandnerdy, and Sharon, so I know they made it OK.