Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: JULY MEETING INFO - DIFFERENT LOCATION - PLEASE READ  (Read 25299 times)

GrannyLinda

• I'm On The Right Track Baby, I WAS BORN THIS WAY !
    • View Profile
Re: JULY MEETING INFO - DIFFERENT LOCATION - PLEASE READ
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2014, 07:37:35 am »
I looked at Staples Printing.  They can do an 8 foot banner on the lightweight indoor vinyl material for $65.  If you use the design for the club banner, remove "We Drive Excitement" from either side of the logo and insert "Warrior Project" on either side, You've got almost ready-made art.  I wouldn't use Wounded Warrior Project for fear of a trademark infringement and because they weren't interested in helping find a recipient. 

Ron, what do you think of hanging this modification by Fiero GTB, instead of the club banner?

What You Are Asking Is The Club Buys A New Banner For The Warrior Project For $ 65.00 Correct ?
What Will We Do With The Banner When The Project Is Over ?
I'm On The Right Track Baby !!!!
I WAS BORN THIS WAY !!!!

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2014, 07:53:07 am »

What You Are Asking Is The Club Buys A New Banner For The Warrior Project For $ 65.00 Correct ?
What Will We Do With The Banner When The Project Is Over ?

[/quote]

Yes, Ma'am, It's a suggestion.  I don't know what we should do with it when the project is completed.  If there's enough objection to it, then I'll pay for it. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GrannyLinda

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2014, 03:29:39 pm »
Maybe We Could Give It To Whoever Gets The Car.   
I WAS BORN THIS WAY !!!!

MetalBlue85GT

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2014, 09:32:56 pm »
My son and I would like to go and take his car but I am having issues with it. I have not had time to set the timing right.

And I messed with the Automatic transmission cable and now it shifts sooooo hard it is not drivable. I will try this week to get it running and Let everyone know.

Either way we will come to the show and help. I also need to know if anyone wants anything off of the red donor car. If I don't drive the Fiero, I will drive my truck and bring parts.

Cant wait.

Randy
Randy ~ of Acworth

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2014, 02:47:45 pm »
Bo has given us the go-ahead to distribute flyers, and display the "warrior" banner.
He said that he would allow us to supply a judge for the car show in lieu of paying a vendor fee. Actually, that would be preferred.

I spoke with Don Hulse, and he seemed excited at the idea of being a judge. Said that he would do it.
(I asked Don, because we all know how particular he is about his own car. I'm sure that he would be good at it.)

Having said that, Don will be only the 3rd judge. I'm sure that if someone else were interested in being a judge, that Bo would welcome the assistance. There are likely going to be ~100 cars there.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 02:53:05 pm by Raydar »

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2014, 02:52:30 pm »
I told Bo that we were looking at 11 cars. We will have the first 4 spaces in the first 3 rows. (I have an idea to support additional cars if they show up.)
Last year there was plenty of room between the rows of cars to erect pop-up shelters. I'm bringing one. I think Charlie is bringing one.  I think that Charlie mentioned a 3rd? 

We might be able to erect the "warrior" shelter up with the vendors, if that's desirable. I'll need to ask Bo about that. I don't see why not, though.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2014, 03:55:09 pm »
Tim said he cannot be a judge because he has friends who will be with him and he'll only be there part of the day.  He is also bringing the 10 x 10 canopy that we had at the Warrior work day in May.  I'll also bring the big blue canopy but will be using it as our Warrior Project tent in the vendors area.  I would appreciate if someone could help or relieve me at the vendors tent. 

Tim is busy with having banners and the first page of the flyers printed.  The first page of the flyer will be placed in the cars at the show.  We've found paper banners that will be somewhere in the neighborhood of $15 each.  They give non-profits a big break on prices.

The second page of the flyer will be a hand-out at the vendors canopy.  Tim and I are printing some of those on our home printers.  Anyone else who can print some, please contact me. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2014, 04:29:10 pm »
Do I need to register ahead of time or can I just show up, pay the fee, join the Fiero club, and get all the neat swag?
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

GrannyLinda

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2014, 05:24:03 pm »
Do I need to register ahead of time or can I just show up, pay the fee, join the Fiero club, and get all the neat swag?

Yes You Can Do All Of The Above.
To Join The Club, Just Find The Club Banner And Ask For Either Pat Or Charlie.   
I WAS BORN THIS WAY !!!!

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2014, 05:25:37 pm »
Just show up.  They'll know you're part of the Fiero club.  No one else would have us as members.  On second thought maybe you should tell them at the gate that you're part of the Georgia Fiero Club.  They may not know what a Fiero is and put you with them Furrarries. 

Bring your folding chairs, maybe a cooler (no alcohol allowed, I believe) and bring that other guy along, too.  I think Raydar says judging begins around 1 AM. 

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2014, 05:33:14 pm »
Fiero GTB just informed me that Office Depot has given us a great deal on the printing.  Three Banners and 200 flyers for a total of $68.00, plus an extra 25% off. 

Fiero GTB

• I don't drive much, but when I do I drive my Fiero
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2014, 09:48:31 pm »
Fiero GTB just informed me that Office Depot has given us a great deal on the printing.  Three Banners and 200 flyers for a total of $68.00, plus an extra 25% off.

Correction: the total was $68.65, 'including' the 25% off thanks to the generosity of an Office Depot printing center employee. By the time I talked the poor guy down 50% on the flyer printing to match the price FieroFool got from Staples, and he threw in the additional 25% off coupon he pulled out from under his counter, we actually ended up paying less than half. ;- )

The total was $144.24 and I paid $68.65.

(GrannyLinda: I will bring the receipt to the show if you can please bring my reimbursement check). (Also, pls bring my donation receipts from the last mtg where I gave 50% of the proceeds from all my car stuff, and the safety equipment/tools/etc. to the club.)

Best,
FGTB

Every time my GPS says, "Your ETA is...,"
   I hear, "Your Time to Beat is..."

Fierfly

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2014, 12:17:02 am »
Charlie--- I got your message late, so i figured i'd reply here at least....

Greg and i plan to be there, with the convertible.  I hope to bring the pop up shade. 9x9 i think.

-Sharon

GrannyLinda

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2014, 09:20:10 am »
(GrannyLinda: I will bring the receipt to the show if you can please bring my reimbursement check). (Also, pls bring my donation receipts from the last mtg where I gave 50% of the proceeds from all my car stuff, and the safety equipment/tools/etc. to the club.)

Best,
FGTB

Charlie Has The Check Book & Receipt Book.  I Will NOT Be There.
I WAS BORN THIS WAY !!!!

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2014, 09:36:33 am »
We're up to 14 cars.  Keep them coming.