Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Fiero upgrades  (Read 20308 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Fiero upgrades
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2014, 06:22:13 pm »
There ya go!  Perfect candidate!  How much?  Does it run?

The fuel pump didn't cycle when my brother and I tried to start it.  That's why I think it needs a pump.  It was running and was driven when parked before we got it.  It was owned and being driven by the person who donated the Warrior Project car.  The engine has a higher lift cam.  Raydar says he heard it run before and with the cam and exhaust, it had a pretty good lope to it.  It may also have higher ratio rocker arms.  We don't know if it's bored out, but the original owner/builder is local so we could find out. 

The club hasn't officially set a price for it, but $1500 was turned down.  If you're truly interested, I'll ask the officers and board about setting a price. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 06:34:41 pm »
Not interested until Aug/Sep at the earliest.
But I'll advertise in the CSRA if you set a price and provide an options/features list.
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 09:10:57 pm »

We don't know if it's bored out, but the original owner/builder is local so we could find out. 

The engine started out as a 2.8, bored and stroked to a 3.4 (same as ARI does their 3.4 blocks.)
That being the case, the bore is probably maxed out as a stock 3.4. The cylinder walls would be too thin for it to be bored any more.

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2014, 06:44:11 pm »
Has anyone ever added a Heads-up Display (HUD) to a Fiero?

Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2014, 08:28:36 pm »

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

FlatBLK88fieroGT

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2014, 04:00:21 pm »
I don't have any suggestions on suspension or tires but there's not much you can do with a 2.8 or even a 3.4 to get that much hp without dropping a lot of money.  It would be more cost efficient to just start out with a good 3800.  A NA engine puts out about 210 hp without any mods.  That swap's been done so many times that there's lots of support out there.

I also know where you can get a brand new crate engine on the cradle with transmission and most wiring completed for around $2500.  He said the stock crate engine is somewhere around or above 350 hp.  I didn't ask, but I think it's coupled to an automatic trans, but it might also be a Getrag.  It's a Cadillac engine and we're guessing it might be for a CTS.
[/quote. may I ask about that deal on the motor.

Jayson

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2014, 05:25:14 pm »
Yes, Jayson.  Log into this forum and go to the members tab above and search for legutt  His contact information is there.  Though it's   available to registered members here, we don't post private information without consent.  That's so that unapproved robots  can't harvest information. 

He's actually not very far away from where you'll be moving. 

FlatBLK88fieroGT

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2014, 11:43:11 am »
FieroFool.  Thank you very much.  I have received a Great job offer in San Antonio Texas, for when I retire from the Army and looks as I may be moving there but I am still going to check it out.

Jayson

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2017, 08:00:46 pm »
I'm sitting back and dreaming about potential upgrades for my '88 Fiero (V6, 5-speed) starting some time around August.  This means I have time to think. 
Performance isn't bad now, but it should be better than my '96 Sunfire's which did 0-60 in 7.9 seconds. 

The 2.8 5-speed is supposed to make 0-60 in 7.8 seconds, stock.  Of course, that was new.  Surely a good 3.4 will do better.