Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Dash question  (Read 14438 times)

Macondave

• View Profile
Dash question
« on: March 30, 2016, 02:20:30 pm »
I know that this gotta be an old question and topic but I been gone for a while. So whats the best thing to put on my dash and panels ? Also unfortunately I have one crack in dash but the rest is in great shape. Is there any poxy or  filler that I can put in that one crack? Any info would be appreciated.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Dash question
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 02:53:26 pm »
Whatever you do, don't use ArmorAll or any silicone products.  Meguiars makes a pretty good vinyl cleaner and protectant.  Don't remember the name of it, but I'd read the label of anything to see how much alcohol it has in it.  Alcohol or aliphatic naptha will dry and crack the vinyl.  Silicone will migrate and prevent anything from sticking.  If you should ever want to remove the dash and refinish it with a new coating of color, that silicone will cause the paint to be spotty.  I've used Meguiars considerably in the past without problems.  A good washing with liquid soap and water and a brush before treating will help to remove any dirt that's in the grain. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers