Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 14th Annual Run For The Hills  (Read 28615 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: 14th Annual Run For The Hills
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 11:19:55 pm »
We've had 4-door Lexus', 350Z's, Eclilpses, and even a Kia Sportage.  Just as long as it isn't an Aerostar Van  :o  bring it on.  You might even be able to ride shotgun with someone. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Formula88

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2009, 08:31:16 am »
No minivans here.  If I can't bring my Fiero, I'll bring my '00 Trans Am.  At least it's a Pontiac.  8)

oldone

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2009, 08:51:13 pm »
just curious what do you do for three days,just drive all day, does anyone bring their wives or is it mostly just the guys alone. do you stsy in the same motel every night? finally remembered how to sign on.        oldone in c'ville
the world is a sh t sandwich and everyday is another little bite

RobsFieros

• View Profile
    • East Tennessee Fiero Club
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2009, 09:03:40 pm »
Fridays are usually for getting settled in to your room and meeting everybody for a bull session. Saturdays are for the run and sitting down to eat and talk about the run and how you almost lost it. Sundays are for sleeping late, saying your goodbyes, and driving home. As for wive's, that's up to you. My wife use to enjoy it but now she can't get off work. Bring her she might like it.
Robert Finley
President-East Tennessee Fiero Club
Member- Georgia Fiero Club
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009, 09:37:05 pm »
We are a family club and it's a family event.  We have lady passengers and drivers of all ages.  Last year the youngest driver was a 16 year old girl. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Formula88

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2009, 12:32:22 pm »
I was just checking out the Tail of the Dragon site for the weekend of the run.
There's going to be S2000, Porsche, and Cobra groups all having runs that weekend.  Should be some nice cars out there with us.   8)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2009, 12:43:13 pm »
That means the THP will probably be out there, too.  I'm sure they look at the website, too.  Maybe the others will warn us of the THP presence.  The bikers will usually tap the tops of their helmets to let you know.

I see you have dyslexia.  You DID mean there will be some nice cars out there with THEM, didn't you? ;)

Formula88

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2009, 11:53:23 pm »
http://www.tailofthedragon.com has an update on enforcement and areas running radar.  But for the most part if you stay in your lane and aren't crazy, you should be ok.  THP has a bug up their bum for bikers, so they're probably concentrating on them.   One thing THP has been very draconian about is crossing the center line.  If your tire even touches the line, they'll pull you and give you a ticket for crossing the double-yellow. 

Pay attention.  Keep it in your own lane.  Don't be stupid.  Follow those suggestions, and I think everyone will be ok.  :)

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/dragon_THP_photos.html

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2009, 12:13:04 pm »
If you haven't ordered your event tshirt, yet, you have just 2 weeks left. There will be no shirts available at the event. You can place your order online on from the link at the top of the home page, or by mail. Mailing information is also on the that page.

Hotel information is also on the website. Just less than a month to make your reservations. 

RobsFieros

• View Profile
    • East Tennessee Fiero Club
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2009, 10:40:23 pm »
I'd like to have a shirt but I don't own a credit card.
Robert Finley
President-East Tennessee Fiero Club
Member- Georgia Fiero Club
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2009, 08:37:56 am »

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2009, 01:27:39 pm »
You know, I'd REALLY like to go, but the more I think about it I can't afford any more tickets. And with the way cops have treated me recently (actually all my life - only the past few years I've been DENIED DUE PROCESS THREE TIMES!) I'd probably wind up in jail. I know I shouldn't let this keep me from going, but I haven't been able to work much recently due to back problems & another fine would really hurt.
Plus I don't have a hot-rod Fiero anyway.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.  - Thomas Jefferson.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2009, 01:41:32 pm »
I've driven a duke on these runs -- didn't have any trouble keeping up, either. You don't need a hot rod Fiero -- you just need one that can corner!
And I've never got a ticket on a run either.
You really don't have to drive fast to enjoy the run. Some of the folks that go are in the "tourist" group. They just enjoy the scenery.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2009, 03:45:30 pm »
Well maybe if the Indy was a manual it would be fun to take. But Like I said I can't seem to go much of anywhere these days without getting stopped & harrased. And if there are several clubs on the road that day, I'm sure the cops will be out in force.  :(
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Curiosity killed the cat but for a while I was the suspect.

carnut122

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2009, 07:27:40 pm »
I plan on being there for the run.  I'll probably come in Friday night and leave Saturday night.  I guess I better start driving the car to make sure it's ready to roll!