Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: club meeting  (Read 14203 times)

GTXVette

• View Profile
club meeting
« on: October 12, 2018, 09:01:57 am »

There is a Petit LeMons at Road Atlanta THIS WEEK END,  WE NEED TO BE THERE IN FORCE. HAVE THE MEETING IN THE PARKING LOT.  IT can be better than that sounds, but a meeting with Sports cars in the back ground can't be all that bad. GRM Will be there and we could get some coverage as a Group.
  MIKE I KNOW YOUR CAR IS PLANNED.      BUT !!!!!!!!!
    READ MY POST IN CLUB NEW'S.

MikeMac

• View Profile
Re: club meeting
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 08:30:21 pm »
I'm all for getting out in the community with our cars. I look forward to taking the AeroDon car to the Caffeine and Octane show in November. There doesn't seem to be much interest in the club to hit car shows as a group. I can't explain why that is...it just is.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 10:13:16 pm »
I've been to the Petit Lemans. Only then, it was called the Camel GT. aka "IMSA". (Showing my age, here.)
Every year, I think about going, and then get sidetracked.

With that said, I will be at Northlake tomorrow, as I have already committed.

Seems like all our club events just happen to coincide (conflict) with everyone else's club events. Every time. Nobody's fault. Just the way it works out.
Maybe we need to move our stuff to the 1st or 3rd weekend. Then, maybe, we could conflict with some other events, instead. Or not.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 08:40:17 am »

FIRST OF ALL, I am not comfortable with being an officer, something about being Responsable,   I am OK with putting in extra effort.
    Most clubs have much more 'Structure'  where in events and club meetings are required presence.
 that is a bit much.
  how ever.....  we could set down a list of Events for the coming YEAR for each W.E.  Make the ones you can ,but a list of where we/ somebody , will be, that can be Multiple places that are 'Conveinant' to where you live.     AND working on mikes car or any othe car one day a month ensures it will NEVER get finished. 
   There are only a couple Shows where just the Crem' da la Crem' come the rest are drivers, I know this because I go to the Shows, 
            this line moved it goes up one
^ that's why other club REQUIRE a presence at events.^
     I don't know How much Young Blood we can get but new blood can help.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 10:09:11 am »
If not an officer, a board member, perhaps?

If enough people show up to help work on a given car that one day per month, the car will get finished.  Some members have worked on the car additional days.

I think the idea of planning out the events is great, but requires work from someone.  I believe that TopNotch has been looking for someone to help update the web site.  Events used to be posted on the web site.  For event attendance, I believe that this is discussed during meetings.

These are all excellent ideas to bring up at the meeting.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 03:05:22 pm »
Southeast wheels and R O M E O's are the 2 best sorces I know locally for event's . IF SOME THING is needed on a car we need a written list to work off of .  we can all see work is needed but in what order,  that way work can be divided up instead of it being a Show and tell.