Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: GTRS In Atlanta Nov. 3  (Read 20102 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: GTRS In Atlanta Nov. 3
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2018, 09:18:50 pm »
My wife is usually even-tempered.  Usually, people describe her as agreeable.

As I think on that, probably the Wisconsin folks would have a different opinion.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2018, 09:27:00 pm »
I dunno where they come from, but today a third woman, who is considerably taller than I am, was hired at my work.  The first one was about a head taller.  The second was "Amazon Woman", and probably the tallest woman I've ever seen.  The third is not as tall, but could probably hold her arm out straight above my head.

For all that my wife thinks of herself as tall, most of her friends are at least as tall as she is.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2018, 08:46:14 am »
The tallest woman at my work is a trans, i.e., used to be a man. She's very nice, and not bad looking. I don't give a hoot what she used to be -- that's her business.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2018, 09:13:30 am »
These were certainly women.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2018, 07:47:06 pm »
I got to thinking, and realized I still haven't seen Fierofool's '87.  I would claim he did it on purpose, so I'd have to make another trip, but it was mostly my fault.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2019, 07:16:46 pm »
Would anyone care to guess where I was for the last time change?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2019, 07:59:15 pm »
I got to thinking, and realized I still haven't seen Fierofool's '87.  I would claim he did it on purpose, so I'd have to make another trip, but it was mostly my fault.

You're right.  It worked.  ;D You'll see it Saturday.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2019, 08:49:37 pm »
LOL!

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2019, 10:54:41 pm »
Expecting warm weather down there.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2019, 10:46:22 pm »
Well, it was about 20 degrees warmer.

Surprisingly, daffodils were in bloom.

There seem to be a lot of steel privacy fences.  Do they look the same on both sides?  I'm not sure what color the fences are.

On the way down, we had to detour around a land slide on 24.

Heading North, we encountered a driving rain.  This is a misnomer.  You do not want to drive in a driving rain.  That lasted for most of 2.5 hours.

There were a lot of pot holes.

I'm sure every state says this about drivers from other states, but we encountered a lot of rude drivers.  Apparently, this is common, because there are signs addressing this.  I'll leave it at that.

Going through the mountains, there are barriers with reflectors.  The rails are nice.  Not a fan of the poles with cables strung between them.  I don't mind the pole and cable at home for some reason, but did not like it in the mountains, for some reason.  I think that was in Tennessee.

In Tennessee, it seemed that the low overpasses should have reflectors.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2019, 11:17:36 pm »
Distance one way, according to Google: 570 miles.  Distance 1 way, on odometer, including detours: 643 miles.

I think the Proff came from Australia, giving him a distance award, but my in-laws came from 12 time zones away, which probably takes the record.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2019, 11:43:23 pm »
Tennessee had a tornado or two.  There were a number of tornado warnings issued that crossed your path between Chattanooga and Nashville.  Some were also issued for Ron and Susan's area in Alabama along the same time.

The cables are actually pretty effective for cars.  I've read that the big benefit is that they don't impale occupants.  I don't know how well they work with big trucks, though.

Steel privacy fences?  Are you speaking of the huge metal fences along the side of the freeway?  Those are sound barriers.  The back side doesn't look the same as the front.  As for personal property privacy fences, most regulations require the supporting structure to be turned inward toward the owner's property and the decorative side to be outward toward the neighbor or public. 

Our daffodils and Bradford Pear trees have been in bloom for a while.  Crabapple trees are also in bloom.  My cherry tree is starting to put out a few blooms and I've noticed some plum trees are also getting blooms.  Melanie's Iris's are starting to develop the flower pods on them and will likely be in bloom within a month.   

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2019, 12:04:24 am »
We have about 3 inches of green shoots.

Yes, those  metal fences along the freeway.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2019, 08:06:59 am »
Those fences probably serve several purposes.  It visually screens the roadway from homes and businesses along the side.  It prevents pedestrian traffic across the interstate.  Well, in some cases, but we still have pedestrian fatalities on Atlanta's freeways.  It can prevent persons parking on the interstate and robbing or burglarizing nearby homes and business and making a quick get away.  Recently, I saw a section of the fence removed and roadworking equipment was parked behind it in an area where there was road work going on.  That way the equipment didn't have to be transported out and back every day.  Probably other benefits, too.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2019, 09:05:11 am »
We have barriers, too.  I'll try to remember to post a picture.

Apparently, they serve the purpose of preventing the traffic on the roads from getting to the houses and businesses, judging by the damage to the barriers.