Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Thief!  (Read 14993 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Thief!
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2020, 08:59:31 pm »
Hate it!  Every year, I get complaints from helpdesk people.  The software is a mess, whenever there are time changes.  Every year, I send out a reminder, beforehand.  Every year, they send me screen shots of the timeline running backwards, and demanding a fix.  Every year, I refer them to the software provider of their chosen software.  Every year, the software people blame the computers.  Every year, I remind them that the government mandates the time change, and tuns the time servers from which the government gets its time.

Every year, the alarm goes off when the time changes.  Every year, the alarm company insists it's fixed.

Somehow, there are still people running unpatched versions of Outlook 2003, which means that the time does not change in sync with the current dates for DST.  Every year, this throws a bunch of appountments out of sync.  Every year, I ask them to update their outlook.  This year, the people who are late will be excluded.  They have been reminded previously that we expect responsible adults.  Responsible adults arrive on time.

Every year, I send out a reminder for the DVRs.  Every year, people record their shows an hour off.

Every year, when the health director comes in an hour late, she "corrects" the wall clock to the time on her watch.  Apparently, mental health is not her thing.  Since she is sick a lot, probably not physical health, either.