Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: High credit, low credit; good credit, bad credit  (Read 13979 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
High credit, low credit; good credit, bad credit
« on: September 28, 2019, 12:58:32 pm »
Hopefully, if was not something I did, but I have recently been receiving a lot of offers for credit cards, loans, etc.  Is this just me?  Maybe someone thinks I have either too much money or too little money, or that I spend either too much money or not enough money.

The offers for credit in whatever form have sxpiration dates in a week or two.  Maybe they are in desperate need of money.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: High credit, low credit; good credit, bad credit
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 02:39:48 pm »
Haven't you been test driving cars?  Did they take your license and make a copy, as they say, 'For Insurance Purposes?'  It's really to run a credit report to see how much they can get out of you.  Some dealers also sell your information, especially when you don't buy. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 02:59:57 pm »
Oh, you mean the ID I had made?  Copy away.  I have several different ones.  It was much easier to give them that, than to refuse.

If you look very closely, it has fake signatures from Andretti and Schumacher, who have never been state officials here.  It says "DRIVER DISSENTS", rather than "DRIVER LICENSE"

State: MISERY

Address:
14 Bugs Bunny LN

Eye color: WHO?
SEXY: M
WGT: WELTER

Expiration: DEATH

CLASS: EFG

On the back, it states that anyone found in posession of that card, other than the person pictured on the card, is responsible for any and all expenses, court proceedings, debts, injuries, hard feelings, or anything else that could or would negatively impact the person pictured on the ID.

The strip on the card does work, but only to show a bunch of bogus stuff.  If they read the extended data, it is a Looney Tunes song.

If they scan the visual code (can't think of what it is called ATM), it returns a valid license in the system, only not me.  Someone actually put Bugs Bunny--and a bunch of other whacky characters--into the license database.  I think there were 17 of them.  All bogus.  On the police system/DMV, it shows as a non-driver license, invalid in all 50 states.  The driver license number is valid--to Bugs Bunny.

MikeMac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 07:23:54 pm »
LOL...I want one

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 09:47:55 pm »
They are difficult to make, unless you have the same software and machine that the DMV uses.

Mike_21

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 07:28:18 pm »
After the equifax data breach, my wife and I had our credit reports frozen. It completely eliminated the credit card offers. Wish I had a solution for the phone calls wanting to discuss my car's extended warrantee (that I don't and have never had)!!

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 07:36:42 pm »
My wife did that.