Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 2019 Christmas Charity  (Read 20465 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
2019 Christmas Charity
« on: October 15, 2019, 11:23:22 am »
Georgia Fieros is seeking nominees for our Christmas Charity.  We are accepting nominations of a needy family who may not have a Merry Christmas this year.  A family with small children would be great.  

We would prefer a family who lives within North Georgia, north of the I-20 corridor.  This is to make it easy for our members to participate in the presentation to the family.  We would also like to have Santa help us deliver gifts if you can arrange for Santa to help us.  

The Georgia Fiero Club will be making th donations but other gift donations would also be appreciated.  Grocery store like Kroger, Ingles, Publix or clothing store like Old Navy or Gap gift cards are always a plus.  Once we identify a family, clothing sizes for children can be determined, and the special needs of the family can be identified.  The earlier we have nominees, the better.  

If you have a nominee or would like to donate, contact us at GeorgiaFieroClub@Gmail.Com
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: 2019 Christmas Charity
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 04:05:45 pm »
A member of another forum I'm on has provided one candidate.  Officers, you can read the email in the club email.  I'll put all the candidate's details into a Word file so we can review and compare. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 04:20:11 pm »
So far, I've received only one possible family through another forum I'm on.  Disabled Grandmother on SSI with legal custody of a 10 and 12-year-old granddaughter. 

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 12:00:36 am »
We have received a recommendation for a second family in our club email. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 06:13:45 pm »
Eenie, meenie, miney, mow...  No.   Meenie, eenie, miney...  No...  This is too difficult.

Slyp

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 08:02:16 pm »
Why dont you just keep to the discussion.  Either contribute or say nothing.  This is serious....

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2019, 08:11:29 pm »
I was bumping the topic.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2019, 02:11:22 pm »
All members, please log in and go to the members only section to view the families that have been submitted for our Christmas Charity.  It is posted there to protect their privacy. 

We would like to have you read the descriptions of the families and then tell us which family you choose.  Please post it in the Members Only Section under the Christmas Charity thread.  We will honor the family between our December club meeting and Christmas.  This looks like there will only be one weekend in which to do it, and that's December 21 and 22. 

Please vote and also plan to join us as we deliver Christmas to a needy family.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2019, 11:09:32 am »
So far, only 1 member has logged into the Members Only and cast a vote for their choice of families. 

Please be aware that the family or families chosen will not be determined until our Christmas party.  That will leave only 1 week to do the shopping and make arrangements for delivery to them. 

Are there any volunteers to help me with this? 

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2019, 02:45:06 pm »
I repeat.  Are there any volunteers to help with the shopping? 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2019, 02:48:24 pm »
Do you have any ideas of what you're looking for?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2019, 04:53:34 pm »
We tossed around the idea of some toys for the kids if they were chosen, and some GAP and or Old Navy gift cards for the two older girls if they were chosen.  Grocery store gift cards for either family.  Probably to do both families will cost near $1000 to make nice Christmases for both.  To give an example, I gave my granddaughter $75 in GAP/Old Navy gift cards and she spent all but $17 in one visit.  Those stores aren't high priced stores, either. 

We talked of grocery store gift cards that could be used at stores that only sell groceries so that they couldn't be used for other purposes.   Ingles, Kroger, Publix, and Quality Foods are the grocery stores in their areas.  I just noticed that Ingles has some huge teddy bears that might be considered for the two girls.  I'm going to go with my daughter to Five and Under and will see what they have for toys for the boys.

Something that wasn't discussed was how much the club was willing to spend.  Our bank account is pretty solid. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2019, 08:49:39 pm »
It's hard to know, until a decision is made on families and amount.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2019, 09:28:07 am »
I can't say I was ever given a gift card, growing up, but I surely dreaded getting clothes.  That was probably the most lackluster gift.

For boys, usually action is a good thing.  RC cars, the rockets that are powered by baking soda and vinegar, a trip to the arcade, a martial arts trial, the adrenaline dome, some time in a workshop, etc.

scottb

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2019, 11:10:14 am »
I can help with a shopping trip, it will have to be a Sunday afternoon