Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Rodney Dickman is retiring...  (Read 13919 times)

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Rodney Dickman is retiring...
« on: February 08, 2020, 05:46:03 pm »
Rodney Dickman posted this on facebook...
"Getting old. In the next year or so I'll be looking to try to sell my business. We are looking to retire and move to the Denver area. If I could find a buyer in Denver that would be nice. I would be right there to help him out. An older engineer or someone with engineering abilities is the best IMO. One who is married and the wife has health insurance. Kids grown and gone. One who is tired of working for someone else and wants to be his own boss. I'll stay on as a consultant and work on developing new parts as long as I'm alive and well. That gives me something to do while retired. I enjoy doing that. I'm 63 now. I want to enjoy some retirement and not work to my last day."
You can reach him at rodney(at)rodneydickman(dot)com.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 08:30:11 pm by TopNotch »
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Rodney Dickman is retiring...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 08:12:39 pm »
I'm sure there are engineers in CO, but surely none are making themselves known for this, yet.

Personally, I'd like a known vendor to take this on.  Only 1 or 2 come to mind, and they haven't jumped on this.

His last name is Dickman.

The Art Doctor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 10:03:58 pm »
It would be interesting to see the business financials.  How profitable is a small niche market supplier?  Effort vs. Return.  Might be pretty good with a captive market.  Or is the market ever dwindling?   Stuff like this fascinates me, I should have taken some econ classes.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 10:25:58 pm »
Rodney made a statement, years ago, that once the income from his parts business reached a certain level, he'd quit his full-time job.  He quit that job, years ago.

He supplies parts for more than just the Fiero.