Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Spoiler  (Read 15405 times)

Wreck It Ralph

• Wreck it Ralph
    • View Profile
Spoiler
« on: November 29, 2020, 12:12:15 am »
Anyone got a spoiler for sale? I want one for my 88. Red if possible.
1988 Fiero Base 4cyl 5spd.
1986 Fiero GT ... Parting out. Let me know if you need something.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Spoiler
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 07:42:15 am »
I have a black one without stands.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 08:33:38 am »

Orange with black strioe.  One red stand. 

Willing to trade for two red stands.

Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

The Art Doctor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 11:47:08 am »
I have a aftermarket wing with cast in stands.   It looks just like a fiero wing if a bit skinnier and the stands are a bit lower.  In factory primer with shelf wear all gaskets and hardware.

NoMad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 04:24:02 pm »
I have a complete wing and stands. The bottom is primer and the top is a dark green metallic I was testing on the car.

Wreck It Ralph

• Wreck it Ralph
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2020, 04:40:15 pm »
I have a aftermarket wing with cast in stands.   It looks just like a fiero wing if a bit skinnier and the stands are a bit lower.  In factory primer with shelf wear all gaskets and hardware.

Got a photo?

Wreck It Ralph

• Wreck it Ralph
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2020, 04:40:32 pm »
I have a complete wing and stands. The bottom is primer and the top is a dark green metallic I was testing on the car.

How much?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2020, 06:01:02 pm »
Just a bit of information about spoilers.  The stud spacing on the stands is different on the notchback and fastback.  Some stands have the extra threaded holes so the studs can be relocated.  Others don't. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2020, 07:32:05 pm »
Ralph... I have a black spoiler that came off my Formula, when it became a fastback.
It's been resprayed, black, with... something, and sanded for a matte finish. It probably needs to be sanded down and repainted to look its best. But you might like it okay as is. Otherwise, I believe it's in good shape.
Make an offer. It'll be cheap. Real cheap. It's been in my spare parts room for at least ten years. I put it on my white car for an afternoon, and decided I didn't like it. So there's that.
The down side is that you may need to come to west GA and get it. Might be a while before I make an event, the way things are going. (Here and elsewhere.) 
I'll have to check it and make sure it's still in decent shape. (I can take pics. It looks... just like a spoiler.)
It's currently stored in our box trailer. It was among the last things that were moved, when we moved. It's been waiting for my garage to be built, since spring. Still waiting...
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 07:38:20 pm by Raydar »

Wreck It Ralph

• Wreck it Ralph
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2020, 07:54:55 am »
Ronnie and I connected. Since his is already red I’m gonna try to get his.

Any one head up to Athens that could pick it up and bring a little further south?

Wreck It Ralph

• Wreck it Ralph
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2020, 07:57:45 am »
Also I didn’t not see any dimples or anything to tell where the spoiler is supposed to go. I’ve got no problem measuring it out but am I missing something? There were some small quarter sized sheet metal attached to the underside, is that them? If so the placement doesn’t make sense.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2020, 08:44:25 am »
On the underneath side of the notchback lid, there are several indicators as to where the spoiler mounts.  There are a couple of dime-sized pockets in one of the forward ribs.  This would be directly over the trunk area.  Those are for the forward studs.  I'm not sure if there's anything similar for the rear studs.  I'll go out in a while and get a picture of my 86 decklid and post it.

If I can set it up with Ronnie, I'll try to go up Tuesday and get the spoiler.  It will bring it about 30 miles closer if you will return the favor and deliver Raydar's RFTH 25 Tshirts to him. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 08:53:44 am by Fierofool »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2020, 09:44:03 am »
I was wrong about the dime-sized pocket.  That's on the fastback decklid.  Here are the pictures of the location on the notchback.  I think on the non-spoiler lid that there is a dime-sized button on the edge of the rib where the stud is located.

Wreck It Ralph

• Wreck it Ralph
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2020, 10:43:07 am »
On the underneath side of the notchback lid, there are several indicators as to where the spoiler mounts.  There are a couple of dime-sized pockets in one of the forward ribs.  This would be directly over the trunk area.  Those are for the forward studs.  I'm not sure if there's anything similar for the rear studs.  I'll go out in a while and get a picture of my 86 decklid and post it.

If I can set it up with Ronnie, I'll try to go up Tuesday and get the spoiler.  It will bring it about 30 miles closer if you will return the favor and deliver Raydar's RFTH 25 Tshirts to him.

That would be great. I think he is gone for the week. Where does Raydar live?

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2020, 11:00:54 am »
Ralph... I'm about 8 miles south of Carrollton. Nowhere close to you. No need to come out here. I'll get them from you at the next event we both attend.
Or I'll meet you betwixt and between, if you want to do that. That way Charlie doesn't have to worry about them any more. :D